Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 06:22 PM  

Chicago, IL
CO2 refill in chicago...found!

I was having a hard time getting to a business for a co2 refill for my new kegerator. Everything closed before I get of work. NFC Company at 2944 N. Leavitt came to the rescue. Those guys are awesome. Not only did they help me out in a bind (stayed a few minutes late), but I found out that they carry a big selection of kegerator parts, so I was able to get some supplies.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:59 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
AirGas is usually a great option for most of your gas needs including C02. You can find their locations online. I keep a large tank around as a backup these days so that I never completely run out. When it gets low I just run up to AirGas and exchange it. My 2 cents

Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM  

Chicago, IL
NFC is great. There are some places that are a few bucks cheaper (assuming you can get there on a week day), but they're really helpful. I have 1 pin lock corney and no socket to take off the posts. I brought it in and asked if they had the socket so I could switch it to ball lock. They hooked me up and the guy said if I kept it as a pin lock, I could come use and use the socket any time.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM  

West Chicago, IL
I get mine at AirGas in West Chicago(suburbs).
Old 01-17-2011, 06:44 PM  

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenyeti View Post
I was having a hard time getting to a business for a co2 refill for my new kegerator. Everything closed before I get of work. NFC Company at 2944 N. Leavitt came to the rescue. Those guys are awesome. Not only did they help me out in a bind (stayed a few minutes late), but I found out that they carry a big selection of kegerator parts, so I was able to get some supplies.
What time do you get off work? The reason I'm asking is I work for a gas distributor. I have been saying for years that this industry is horrible at retail business. We close by 4:30 (most of us) and we are not open on Saturdays. I feel your pain. I've been doing this for 25 years and I am finally working for a company that is trying to understand the customer. Worked for Praxair for years and what I have seen is the Majors (Airgas, Praxair) are all about the shareholders and hopefully the customers fit in there somewhere.

By the way, Airgas is in the process of being bought out by Air Products.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM  
KcKoolGuy

Lake Villa, IL
almost any ACE will do it too. And if you get a PSI tank you can fill it with a scooba tank

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

« Cubs | Central IL »