Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 03:12 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Bad ownership, bad players, bad management. We lost Chip and Steve and now both Harry and Ronnie are gone....Just when I thought the Cubs couldn?t get any worse I got bitch slapped by this cruel world again. Good bye Ronnie I will drink many for you tonight.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:44 PM  

Chicago, IL
I can't believe this is even an argument. Daley is talking about how we need to raise taxes EVEN MORE to pay for pensions, but people want us to pay for a freakin' stadium? You can barely drive down some streets in town because they are in such bad repair, they probably won't be blowing side streets again this year, the train tracks are in miserable shape and we are going to pay for a stadium!

It makes not sense.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 AM  

Lafayette, Indiana
I'm just glad the Cubs arn't being like the Colts. FYI the Colts threatened to strike and not play if they didn't get a brand new stadium, via a large tax increase for the Indianapolis tax payers. I love Wrigley and hope it never goes away even though it is a rather small ballpark.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:18 AM  

Milan, il
They need to move the stadium. Can't stand the parking situation and they have nets holding up falling concrete.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:57 PM  

Chicago / Wood Dale, IL
Does it really matter if we call it Wrigley or some other branded company? I mean, its named after a GUM anyway, so what's the big deal if we name it after a beer?

Also about using city money to fund it, I say forget it. I know plenty of property owners that would like to get funded for fixing up their properties. So if we can't have a chunk of that money and have to work for it ourselves, Cubs owners have to do the same. I don't want to see my tax money go for a team that I really don't watch.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 AM  

Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountbiking View Post
I'm just glad the Cubs arn't being like the Colts. FYI the Colts threatened to strike and not play if they didn't get a brand new stadium, via a large tax increase for the Indianapolis tax payers. I love Wrigley and hope it never goes away even though it is a rather small ballpark.
Do you mean the Baltimore Colts or the Indy Colts?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:02 PM  

chicago, il
I live right by the stadium. I think it definitely needs work. I love being right by it in the summer. Except for the stupid suburbanite frat boys that think they can get **** faced and piss everywhere and trash everything in their way. Also, moms, leave the strollers at home. Please people respect the city and properties. I don't come to your house and piss and puke everwhere and throw my garbage in your yard. GO CUBS!!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 AM  

Chicago, IL
We the Cubs tried to expand the stadium five years ago using their own money, the city fought them.

To me, the numbers don't add up. The amount of interest to pay the debt would mean that ticket prices would have to double for the ticket tax to raise the revenue to meet debt service payments. While the Cubs have increased the number of cheap tickets for 2011, they have also increased prices to the hot games. Given the number of no-shows in 2010, ticket prices are too high already.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM  

Cubs

Owners should pay!! How many teams have the fan attendance the Cubs have even if they are in last place?
Old 12-28-2010, 06:56 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
I've been a fan my entire life and I say LEAVE IT ALONE!... The friendly confines should be maintained, sure, but great old ballparks like these are all being destroyed and rebuilt with one simple goal in mind.... higher capacity! This is nothing more than greed and every park they rebuild only hurts the MLB.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads