Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 05:35 AM  

Mascoutah, Illinois
Hot Shots Bar in Fairview Heights! Good Food, Good Atmosphere, Cold Beer!

Old 10-14-2010, 12:57 PM  

Chicago, IL
Favorite Bar

5th Quarter Homewood

Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 PM  

Chicago, IL
Duke's Alehouse in Crystal Lake. Tons of craft brews on tap and bottled.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:45 PM  

Chicago, IL
If you're ever in the Wrigleyville area & want some good music(free DJ) hit John Barleycorn's on Clark just south of Addison. You get the college crowd mixed w/locals dressed in casual wear. We go there alot for birthdays & such.
Also try Martini Ranch (on Chicago & Halsted?) for a more loungy bar scene.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:13 PM  
Genetically Altered

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Brewhaus in Springfield is a great place to go... at least it used to be. I haven't been back to Illinois in 5 or 6 years. They have a huge selection of beer and a perfect setup for the bar, booths, and tables. The draft beer is very cheap, with pinball and darts in the back. It's only downfall is the moldy smell of the place (I've heard it described much more colorfully), but you don't really notice it after you've been in there for a bit.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:59 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarnspice View Post
Sounds awesome, what's the atmosphere like at Tribes Alehouse?
Read a nice review here. It's really a great place to be.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 AM  

lake Zurich, Illinois
I am from Northwest Chicago and my favorite place is level in downtown chi
Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 AM  

Champaign, IL
Blind Pig & Blind Pig Brewery ("The Piglet") in Champaign.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:27 PM  

South Suburbs Chi Town, Illinois
There was a place called Tracy's Landmark on 55th street in Westmont that had/has (it's been a while) good food with a decent selection of craft brews with different brew specials on friday nights. They used to serve decent Mexican food on Thurs, Fri, and Saturday nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
I'm from Lockport, but I get out and about quite a bit. I actually run a beer review blog (www.thebrewbros.com) so I have had my fair share of after-hours hang time. My absolute favorite joint for grabbing any variety of beer is Tribes Alehouse in Mokena. Visit their website at The Tribes Alehouse. They have an AMAZING selection of brews on tap and their food is to die for.
Thanks for sharing with us all. I myself enjoy a good eatery with a nice selection of different brews to sample. The wife and I will have to give them a try as they?re not far from me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper3494 View Post
buffalo wild wings has some decent food, huge bar, and more tvs than ive ever seen in my life, i love the atmosphere there, great place to hang out and watch the game, they have projectors at the bar so its about the size of a theater screen
I also enjoy BWW for a good burger, some wings and some brews. The wife and I were in Michigan City Indiana last weekend and decided to have dinner at the one on Franklin. I enjoy dining at our local BWW, especially on UFC fight nights. We went into the one in Ind. and were seated promptly. It had the usual amount of televisions but they only had the fight on 2 sets. They had every type of sport on you could imagine. The disappointing part was the juke box was playing so loud, you couldn?t hear a television in the place. Food (soda no beer) and service was good but we couldn?t believe how loud the place was. We caught the tail end of UFC 120 and headed back across the border.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 AM  

Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danegerous View Post
Read a nice review here. It's really a great place to be.
VERY helpful, thank you!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!