Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 07:24 AM  

Genoa, Illinois
Taylor, where do you typically shoot? I live only about 25 minutes due west of you on Route 72 which turns into Bypass 20 in Elgin.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:50 PM  

South Elgin, IL
My boss is a member @ the St Charles Sportsman Club in Elburn.

From their website (Welcome - The St. Charles Sportsmen's Club - SCSCOnline.org - Elburn, IL)

"The St. Charles Sportmen's Club is Northern Illinois' premiere shooting destination. With 7 lighted Trap fields (including 2 Wobble Traps), 10 Sporting Clays Stands, a lighted Skeet Field, a Rifle/Pistol Range plus our many other amenities, the SCSC is one place you don't want to miss out on. Conveniently occupying 70 acres located in Elburn just off Route 47"

Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 AM  
V

East Dundee, Illinois
I've been looking for a place to go shooting as well. I live near GAT guns but they don't allow rifle and I need to get my muzzleloader out. I was down at the aurora sportsman's club, but it was quite expensive, and I'd have to get a full membership to use the rifle range, not just the shooting membership.

Might check out the St. Charles sportsman's club though. What are the Rifle/Pistol events like?
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 AM  

Elgin, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Taylor, where do you typically shoot? I live only about 25 minutes due west of you on Route 72 which turns into Bypass 20 in Elgin.
GAT Guns or there is a small pistol range in McHenry. It is difficult to shoot rifle out here since Fox Valley closed down in Carpentersville.

I have read some articles about a new place proposed in C'ville near 31 and 90 as well as one in Crystal Lake. They both currently plan to allow for indoor rifle.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:38 AM  

I did not like Bristol range in WI. Nice faclilty but the 1rd in gun rule makes it hard to shoot anything but bolt action.

I want to try out the sporting clay course at Richmond Hunting club

http://www.richmondhuntclub.com/cont....aspx?tabid=55
Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 PM  

Elgin, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
I did not like Bristol range in WI. Nice faclilty but the 1rd in gun rule makes it hard to shoot anything but bolt action.

I want to try out the sporting clay course at Richmond Hunting club

Richmond Hunting Club - Sporting Clays - Open to the Public
I saw that rule on their website. I thought it was a sick joke, but I figured that it was real. It seems frustrating, but I don't want to find out. Loading anything one round at a time would not be fun.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 PM  
Bud

Chicago, IL
Aurora Sportsman Club has ranges all the way out to 600 meters. A most excellent place to shoot if you're into competition. It is about $300 per year with a one time initiation fee of $300. The yearly fee is by calender so it is is prorated starting in February
Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM  

Its not in Illinois, but if you are in North West IL, Princeton IA has a free public outdoor rifle range. Princeton, Iowa Shooting Range - Shooting Ranges on Waymarking.com
Old 12-07-2010, 10:50 AM  

Do any of these Illinois ranges allow rifles, or is it only pistols and shotguns? I see that the SCSC does. Does it require an expensive membership?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:01 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlar View Post
Do any of these Illinois ranges allow rifles, or is it only pistols and shotguns? I see that the SCSC does. Does it require an expensive membership?
GAT allows rifles, this is from their website: (Rifles may be used only if they are .22 rimfire or chambered in a pistol caliber (i.e. .38, .357, .44, 45LC, etc.) shooting soft point ammunition)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!