Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 PM  

Northern 'Burbs, Illinois
Relocating to Champaign/Bloomington area??

Thinking about relocating to central IL to get closer to family and geographically speaking the ideal locations are around Gibson City or so (20-30 minute commute for both Bloomington or Champaign, in laws are around Kankakee). Been living in the Chicago area for over a decade, and for the most part I'm over it and would like to get closer to friends and family now that we have a family. Don't really want to raise my kids in a high school that has 2k-3k kids, but I'm not sure if I want to raise them in a school of 100 either. Some towns that I've looked at on a map, but have no idea about: Gibson City, Paxton, Rantoul, Fisher, Thomasboro. I've lived in small towns before so that doesn't bother me, but I'd like decent schools, near some larger towns and not exactly podunk areas. Not sure if anyone has been to any of these towns.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 AM  

IL
Look at Mahomet and Fisher. Both have quality schools and are very close to Champaign-Urbana.

I can't remember the site, but you can google and find the state report cards for any school district. It gives a lot of information.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!