Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM  

Milwaukee, WI
Rockford Food

Want awesome pizza? Try out Capri Restaurant & Pizza. Their garlic bread cannot be beat.

If you're looking for good Chinese food, stop in at Kumas. Everything I have tried there I loved.

Any other favorites?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 AM  

Chicago, Il
Im not sure if its still there but jesters is goodfood. Theres one in elgin that is amazing and they have a location in rockford

Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM  

Rockford, IL
I'm not a huge fan of Capri's Pizza...but all their other food is good.

I don't believe Jester's is still around. If you want some great food, try Brooklyn Deli off Riverside. They have some incredible sandwiches.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM  

Rockford, IL
I'll second Kuma's, Bamboo just up the street is really good too, though their atmosphere could be improved a bit. Last time I was in there the music was horrible, I felt like I was at a high school dance. I'm only 35 and a musician, I like music for the most part.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:59 AM  

Freeport, Illinois
John's pizza is good, I get it delivered at work. For sit down places Capri is awesome!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:41 PM  

Rockford, IL
I try to eat at a different place every month any other great places?
Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM  

Rockford, IL
If you like hibachi or sushi, JMK Nippon's is top notch with good atmosphere. If you're looking for something a little more quite and quaint, try Marc's Fusion cafe. They have excellent sushi as well.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 PM  

Rockford, Illinois
I didn't really care too much for capri's pizza. Personally, I like Nunzio's a lot better. Also Anna's pizza (in Winnebago) is really good too.

For a good gyro, uncle nicks is the place to go, hands down
Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
If you like hibachi or sushi, JMK Nippon's is top notch with good atmosphere. If you're looking for something a little more quite and quaint, try Marc's Fusion cafe. They have excellent sushi as well.

JMK is one of my favorite restaurants. The experience alone is worth the extra cost.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM  

I would like to add on to the votes against Capri, I have never had a good experience at the restaurant and found the food to be terrible.

I agree, Kuma's is excellent korean food, they have excellent bulgogi and I enjoy their homemade kimchi as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.