Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2010, 10:47 AM  

LA, CA
Roscoe

I grew up outside Roscoe in an area called "The Ledges". Moved away when I was 9.

Anyone else familiar with the area? Anyone remember Wolfton Caves?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Hey M14...Whats up... Im not sure where Roscoe is (Ill look it up) I just wanted to say hey...This is a cool forum,I talked with a few good people on here...

Old 10-22-2010, 05:23 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric76 View Post
Hey M14...Whats up... Im not sure where Roscoe is (Ill look it up) I just wanted to say hey...This is a cool forum,I talked with a few good people on here...
Hey Eric! I agree. This place is on my "everyday" list. Roscoe is outside of Rockford.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:27 PM  

Genoa, Illinois
I live in Genoa which is near Rockford. I know where Roscoe is but I can't say I've ever been there.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:31 PM  

Loves Park, IL
I'm in Loves Park which is just south of Roscoe
Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 PM  

South Suburbs Chi Town, Illinois
Been all through that area when I drove a truck. One of my favorite runs/rides was from the Venture Stores warehouse in Bedford Park, Il. to a Venture Store just across the Mississippi River in Dubuque, Iowa. I?d take 90 toward Rockford to Route 20 through Freeport, Galena and all the little towns in between. I'm not that old but it was before some parts of Route 20 had shoulders. Beautiful scenery through there, very picturesque. Some of the views through that part of Illinois reminded me of something you would see on a calendar or postcard. I?m pretty sure it?s in that area near Charles Mound, the highest point of elevation in Illinois? Used to get a run now and then to the Kelly Springfield Tire Co. just outside of Freeport. Some of you guys that ride bikes would really enjoy that ride.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
I remember the day that Bazooka Bubble Gum went from 2 pieces for a penny, to one piece for a penny.

I was standing at the counter of the little general store in scenic downtown Roscoe in about 1973. It was traumatizing.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 PM  

Rockford, IL
I'm near Roscoe. Can't say I've heard of the areas you mention though.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:23 PM  

Los Angeles, CA
When I was a kid there was a Country Club (The Ledges Country Club, maybe?), and our neighborhood bordered the golf course in one area.

I've tried looking up our old address on Google Earth and huge areas are "Off Limits" and blurry. Weird.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:39 PM  

Rockford, IL
I know Roscoe, and the Ledges, don't know of the caves.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.