Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2011, 09:12 AM  

Illinois
So what do you think about the new income state tax increase?

Raised 66% - Say goodbye to more industry in Illinois...

Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 PM  

IL
I haven't heard them say much about controlling spending....

Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM  

Danville, Illinois
I dont like it one bit. At what point in time did they discuss giving themselves paycuts to help the budget? Dont take my money if your not willing to give up your own.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM  

Illinois
I'm with you! Our elected officials are nuts and have proven to be an embarrassment to us. We may as well just change or states name to chicago...
Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM  

Quincy, Illinois
I was just reading on another post that someone asked if Illinois will ever have a conceal carry law passed. Currently only Wisconsin and Illinois have the law, but Wisconsin will soon be a conceal carry state (after the last election).

I only bring this up because after this tax increase, who knows what will happen in the next Illinois election.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM  

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda13 View Post
I was just reading on another post that someone asked if Illinois will ever have a conceal carry law passed. Currently only Wisconsin and Illinois have the law, but Wisconsin will soon be a conceal carry state (after the last election).

I only bring this up because after this tax increase, who knows what will happen in the next Illinois election.
Meant to say that currently only Illinois and Wisconsin do not have conceal carry laws.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 PM  

Quincy, Illinois
Oh, and the increase is going to be bad. I don't see many businesses leaving the state for surrounding states as their state taxes are more than Illinois (for the most part). I'm very concerned.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 AM  

Granite City, Illinois
I find it funny that it was actually raised 66.6%... I want to move to Missouri. I'm close enough that it wouldn't really disrupt much, but at the same time they have that tax on all your property, so I don't know. Guess it depends on if I get hired on a MO or IL PD.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 AM  

Granite City, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tda13 View Post
Meant to say that currently only Illinois and Wisconsin do not have conceal carry laws.
I know Wisconsin has either passed or it has been talked about getting CC, but Chicago is holding up the rest of the state with our CC. It's a little ridiculous that one city can hold back an entire state, gotta hand it to CRook county.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM  

Rockford, IL
You gotta love how they can pass a tax increase then limit themselves to 2% budget growth each year. How about reducing the budget?

It is supposed to be a four year temporary tax rate increase which should fall back to 3.75%. Any bets that it never leaves the 5% number?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!