Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2011, 04:17 PM  

Where is the property tax relief? We have to stop spending first.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 AM  

macomb, Illinois
you havve to remember Brady won 99 out of 101 counties. Thanks cook and du page

Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 PM  

I think the tax increase is a blessing in disguise. It will open the eyes of these drone voters who vote the same fools into office year after year! If you voted for Quinn you deserve your taxes increased!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 AM  

Illinois
Crook county... That says it all!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
You gotta love how they can pass a tax increase then limit themselves to 2% budget growth each year. How about reducing the budget?

It is supposed to be a four year temporary tax rate increase which should fall back to 3.75%. Any bets that it never leaves the 5% number?
Back in the 70's when this tax was passed it was SUPPOSED to be a temporary tax that would last 2 years! (In other words the WHOLE FRIGGEN THING was supposed to be "temporary"!!)

I don't think we have a revenue problem as much as we have a spending problem...

Is Treasurer Maria Pappas Wasting Your Tax Dollars?
January 12, 2011 10:24 PM

CHICAGO (CBS) ? She has a driver who makes $94,000 a year and a cleaning lady making $57,000 a year. Is Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas wasting tax dollars?

Is Treasurer Maria Pappas Wasting Your Tax Dollars? ? CBS Chicago
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM  

I live in Wisconsin but work in Illinois, and this is a seriously hot topic for most of the people at my company. It really is unbelievable that instead of reducing the budget, they just increase the taxes. It would be really nice if I could do that with my bank. "Hey guys, I overspent this past year, and I'm really low on funds, I'm mandating that you put extra money into my account because I can't reduce my spending." Amazing.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:04 PM  

Rockford, IL
Illinois is still less tax than Wisconsin.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:16 PM  

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jeepfamily
Illinois is still less tax than Wisconsin.
But the gov of wisconsin is going to actually fix the budget where our moron of a gov is just going to keep spending and raise our taxes. Illionois government and the crooked unions are an embarrassment!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:44 AM  

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillinois View Post
But the gov of wisconsin is going to actually fix the budget where our moron of a gov is just going to keep spending and raise our taxes. Illionois government and the crooked unions are an embarrassment!
Wisconsin had a SURPLUS before this Governor was voted in, he gave out tax breaks, and THEN announced that there was a deficit!

I agree that Unions need to realize the state of the economy, but then so does EVERYONE ELSE...

Wallstreet & the banks are robbing us, and then getting $$ from the taxpayers

All the while the 180,000+ war contractors are looting our treasury right under our noses....

And then we have the people that want something for nothing...

There's enough blame for this mess to go around.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!