Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2010, 01:41 PM  

Morris, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpaul View Post
There is an Illinois south of I-80. Hopefully after the election people in Chicagoland will realize it.
I WISH every day they would divide Illinois into North and South ,2 States, at I80.That way Chicago can have all its BS that ruin Illinois for everyone else and we can have South Illinois BS free or as free as it gets..lol.. I love Illinois south of I80.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 PM  

Peoria, Illinois
WOOHOO!! lol I love hearing people talk about this. I was just talking to a guy today that said that he thinks Illinois should succeed from Chicago! HA I thought it was funny! Chicago may be where a lot of Illinoisans live but it is also close to the only thing that embarrasses us in Illinois! Chicago has it's wonders (parks, museums, etc) but so does the rest of the state and those that take the time to enjoy it really love it!

And you are right stinkbait...Carbondale is definitely southern Illinois not Springfield...and the TRUE southern Illinois is way better than central!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:52 PM  

+springfield, illinoi+s
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkett39 View Post
Sad fact? I don't think so.

Chicago is the real capital, Springfield is just for show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEvans View Post
Another sad fact ... Springfield isn't much of a show ...
i resemble that fact...........
Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 PM  

Elgin, Illinois
I don't like chicago either. I live in a far west suburb and I only go to the airports to pick someone up. I don't even like going to the taste of chicago anymore because it is way too crowded now and with the violence, it's not worth it.

My dad always said that if the U.S. were to get an enima, they would insert the end in Chicago.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM  

carbondale, Illinois
but again there is more to Illinois than chi town. there is southern IL which is all but a different state.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM  

Putnam, IL
I prefer down state to going into Chicago. The once every couple years is more than enough for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM  
Resident_person

effingham, illinois
Once every other year ?

Why would you go so often ? I have been there once in 10 years. I think that was too much. 30 years ago my wife and I went to Marriott's Great America. Is it still there ?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 PM  

Putnam, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picocycle_Effingham View Post
Why would you go so often ? I have been there once in 10 years. I think that was too much. 30 years ago my wife and I went to Marriott's Great America. Is it still there ?
I've got family in the SW Suburbs. That is usually as far as I get except for the occasional trip to Lincoln Park Zoo or Navy Pier.

Yep, it's still there. It's now a Six Flags park. Last time I was there it was still Great America. That is in Gurnee so not technically Chicago.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 AM  

Kankakee, Illinois
BULLOCKS, no there isnt....lol just kidding.... but its for southern illinois' own good if it wants to keep its... well......its certainly prettier down that way...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 PM  

South Elgin, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEvans View Post
I live across the river from St. Louis and it's like we're almost more part of Missouri than Illinois ... I'm a Cardinals fan, a Blues fan and Just like watching football. lol. I would really like to know what is going on in Illinois, but the sad fact is, we don't get any real IL news down this way.
You don't have to go that far south to find cardinal's fans. My wife has family between Decatur & Springfield, and to ask them they might as well live in St. Louis, at least when it comes to sports.

Kurt

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!