Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 03:07 PM  

winfield, Illinois
i've lived in winfield (northern il), mt. vernon and carbondale...i visit my sister alot in st. joseph.....my favorite area is the carbondale area, though i currently live in winfield. i'm one of the rare folks that knows a bit about other areas of the state.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:48 PM  

... and west of I-39...

My concern is what goes on in the legislature.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM  

I live north of I80 in cook county(crook county) its not most of the people in the suburbs ,I think most agree with those south of I80, its the people in the city ,they keep voting in the same crooks over and over again ,I really need to get out of this crooked state.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:14 PM  

Don't you mean is there an Illinois outside of Chicago? they need to rename the state, to "Chicago", or separate it into two states, North Illinois (Chicago) and South Illinois (the rest of a state that could be great).
Old 02-03-2011, 07:41 PM  

IL
Chicago loves downstate because they keep shipping us the rats they evict when they tear down projects to build high dollar high rises.

Face it, the rest of the state is the trash can for Chicago.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 AM  
Resident_person

effingham, illinois
If you really want to see the "Charm" of Southern Illinois, you should visit MoonShine.
It is a real blast from the past. Check out their website before you start out. And do not trust the GPS or any directions. Get close and "ask a local" where it is. Motorcycle clubs use it for a meeting point, Jeep clubs, etc... The last time I went, the wife and I got there "early" and there were about 300 people behind us when we got our meal. I LOVE the place, but only go there a couple times a year. The "Adventure" is getting there. The meal is normal fare, but the atmosphere takes me back to the 50's......
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 AM  

IL
LOVE Moonshine!!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:31 PM  

taxes, and more taxes

This state is the most expensive, screwed-up state I've lived in. How could schools be so under funded and defunct when real estate taxes are so DAMN much?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!