Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 03:43 PM  

East Alton, Illinois
Will there ever be "Concealed Carry" in Illinois?

How does it feel to you as Illinoisans to be only one of three states left that still prohibits "concealed Carry" ?

Old 12-01-2010, 03:48 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
I think we have a better chance of have mary jane legalized before concealed guns. This entire state is ass backwards.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:16 PM  

Not as long as Cook County is part of the state
Old 12-03-2010, 11:49 AM  

Chicagoland, IL
We really need to get into these politicians minds (thought it is impossible thanks to ass backwards politics nowadays) that we the people are suppose to decide what is best for us, not one guy behind a desk.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:37 PM  

Ottawa, Illinois
not as long as Bobby Rush has any power at all.

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., is hoping to pass a firearm-licensing bill that would significantly rewrite gun-ownership laws in America.

Among the more controversial provisions of the bill are requirements that all handgun owners submit to the federal government a photo, thumb print and mental heath records. Further, the bill would order the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer and owner's address in America.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:48 PM  

I think most states with major cities in them don't have conceal carry. (New York, LA, ect.) Correct me if I'm wrong though!

I don't think it will happen here.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 PM  
That's Mr. Bear to you!!

Manhattan, Illinois
We will have it someday.. Not in my lifetime but someday.. lol
Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 AM  

Champaign, IL
As long as the politicians in Cook County (and, to some extent, the collar counties*) are calling the shots, Illinois will never have CCW. Their inability to keep their house in order is reflected in the approach that it must be the guns coming to Chicago from outside that's the problem, rather than examining their own bailiwick. Therefore, no one but sworn LEOs can carry in IL. These people have even attempted to exert pressure on the government of Indiana to establish a higher level of gun control.

*For those reading this thread who may not know, the term "collar counties" in IL refers to those immediately surrounding Cook: Will, DuPage, Lake, McHenry, & Kane.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 AM  

Roselle, IL
I am 100% in favor of CCW, but there is no way it will be passed any time soon. Right now Chicago makes it criminal to even "legally" own a handgun. Of course this does not stop people from owning one, but they have to buy it outside of Chicago and hide it at home. This is one of the reason why I will never live in the city of Chicago.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM  

Marshall, IL
I agree that we will never have a CCW in Illinois as long as Chicago dominates politics.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!