Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 PM  

Genoa, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigg View Post
How does it feel to you as Illinoisans to be only one of three states left that still prohibits "concealed Carry" ?
Okay, quite rubbing it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamziegler View Post
Not as long as Cook County is part of the state
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankie View Post
I agree that we will never have a CCW in Illinois as long as Chicago dominates politics.
And Chicago/Cook County will always dominate the politics of the whole state because that's where the majority of the population is.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:42 AM  

While I am in favor or legalized CCW, there are a number of interesting gun laws in the state.

It's my understanding that there are no public rifle ranges in the state. If you want to do any rifle shooting, you need your own land of adequate size or belong to a range club that has the capabilities.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:43 AM  

Lafayette, Indiana
I hope that when IL gets a CC permit, that they will honor other states CC permits. I am from IL but live in IN and hate having to unload and stow my .45 at the state line
Old 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM  

Chicago, IL
I think most states with major cities in them don't have conceal carry. (New York, LA, San Fran, ect.) Correct me if I'm wrong though!

I don't think it will happen here.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 AM  

Milan, il
I think there has to be eventually. But if not I eventually will just hop across the river and live in Iowa.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 PM  

warrenville, Illinois
i'd never looked it up i thought illinois already had that... got a friend to tell somethin now lol
Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 PM  

Virginia, IL
i vote for CCW in Illinois... Chicago needs to split from the rest of the state...
North Illinois and South Illinois... 2 new states
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM  

Highland Park, IL
I'd love for them to bring CCW on board.....I've noticed that gun shops in Cook County allow people to store their weapons, since the gun laws were so strict for a while. I'm all about preventing crime, but statistics have shown that crime goes up in areas without guns....just look at D.C......
Old 01-03-2011, 12:43 PM  

Champaign, Illinois
I think there is a chance but it is all dependent on the courts on the politicians...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:04 AM  

effingham, il
Just in case we do get CCW, I have applied for a permit in Florida. If the recent turn in politics hits home in Chicago, we may see some Dems change sides on the topic to save their seats...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Illinois
Bookmark this Page!