Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 AM  

Anderson, Indiana
Shades State Park. it's near Turkey Run, but no one knows about it. it's awesome if you want a more secluded environment.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:02 AM  

Batesville, Indiana
I second the recommendation for Hardin's Ridge at Monroe. Very nice facility and the whole park is great for family.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM  

austin, indiana
hardy lake in not bad....
Old 01-12-2011, 05:52 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
John stearn trail by Bloomington is nice.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM  

Camby, IN
If you want primitive, check out the Deem Wilderness on the southeast side of Lake Monroe.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM  

My family and a group of friends go to Turkey Run every year. and have been since I was born, I am 22, so its probably close to 30 years that my parents and their friends have been going and we still have a blast down there every year. We go the first weekend of November and its always interesting because you never know what the weather will be like! We have had warm days where you can wear shorts and tshirts and not be cold at all and then also have had snow storms! We are still out there in our tents every year though! Plus going at that time there isn't a whole lot of people out there and that makes it really fun to have all the hiking trails to yourself!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!