Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 PM  

Bloomington, IN, IN
Bloomington Food

When in Bloomington, try Finch's Brasserie for excellent food, a great beer selection and excellent wines. We've tried it several times and friends like it. On Kirkwood, near Dunn

Old 12-28-2010, 07:47 PM  

Lafayette, IN
I've only been to Bloomington one time, but I was very impressed with the amount of ethnic restaurants in the downtown area. There was definitely a good culinary ambiance to the area that is lacking in most Indiana cities.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 AM  

The Irish Lion is probably the best pub I've ever been too. Besides the amazing food and huge drink selection, they have these great tastings every month.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:50 PM  

Bloomington, IN, IN
Irish Lion has very good food and the best selection of whiskeys and whiskys in town (Scotch, Irish, and Bourbon). The feature beers of Europe and some great pub grub. They always close during the winter holidays but should open again next week on Thursday, Jan 6 for lunch! On West Kirkwood, just 1 block off the square in downtown Bloomington

Try the Blarney Puff Balls (cheesy), Mutton Pie (bread bowl with coddle or stew), or go for a great meal like lamb chops, shrimp, or corned beef.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:33 PM  
Will Travel By Jeep

Indianapolis, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitz View Post
Irish Lion has very good food and the best selection of whiskeys and whiskys in town (Scotch, Irish, and Bourbon). The feature beers of Europe and some great pub grub. They always close during the winter holidays but should open again next week on Thursday, Jan 6 for lunch! On West Kirkwood, just 1 block off the square in downtown Bloomington

Try the Blarney Puff Balls (cheesy), Mutton Pie (bread bowl with coddle or stew), or go for a great meal like lamb chops, shrimp, or corned beef.
Whenever I have friends visit Indy, we always drive down to the Irish Lion. Such a cool atmosphere, not to mention the puff balls! We always order at least two of the puff balls and fight over them.

I have made the mistake several times of going there over Christmas when they are closed.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:40 PM  

Bloomington, Indiana
+1 on Finches - It is my favorite restaurant in Bloomington for special events (Anniversary, etc.) I also love the Bakehouse on the square. Great breakfast, good bread, good coffee. Lots of people to watch. The window seat is my favorite.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads