Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
I deer hunt every year in brown county down around the little town of Story. It is a great area, because it is remote enough that you're not hunting right on top of lots of other hunters, yet close enough to major highways to get to pretty easily. Anywhere in hoosier nat'l forest is good, but I recommend hiking in aways to avoid the lazy roadside hunters. Safe hunting!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:05 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
I got a deer with a Camaro once..

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM  

Columbus, Indiana
be sure to check out DNR: DNR Home
Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
Southern Indiana is a good place for deer hunting, just about any patch of woods has deer in it. Or will have deer passing through it.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM  

indianapolis, indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwaynes44 View Post
I deer hunt every year in brown county down around the little town of Story. It is a great area, because it is remote enough that you're not hunting right on top of lots of other hunters, yet close enough to major highways to get to pretty easily. Anywhere in hoosier nat'l forest is good, but I recommend hiking in aways to avoid the lazy roadside hunters. Safe hunting!
Do you have maps of the area? I moved to indianapolis 4 years once I got out of the army and I have not deer hunted yet. I really do not know anyone so it is cond of hard. I heard that brown county and the forrest was the place to go but I was never very fond of hunting around a lot of people.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 AM  

Bremen, Indiana
Depends on which part of Indiana you are going to. Northern Indiana sucks. Only able to use shotgun slugs. Today was opening day for fire arms and I didnt see a thing this morning. Heard only about 15 gun shots which is real low for opening day.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:03 PM  

indianapolis, indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont_24 View Post
Depends on which part of Indiana you are going to. Northern Indiana sucks. Only able to use shotgun slugs. Today was opening day for fire arms and I didnt see a thing this morning. Heard only about 15 gun shots which is real low for opening day.
I know that it is better in southern Indiana. I was thinking of resorting to leasing some land next year so that I can go.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:52 AM  

Indianapolis, IN
All you have to do in Indiana to get deer is drive on our country roads.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Ain't that the truth....
Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 PM  
ajb

Indiana
I wish there were some deer around here, Northern Indiana.

I NEVER see a deer along the road, don't even think about maybe hitting one.

I've been hunting since Oct 1st. I've seen 7 or 8 different deer in all that time. Usually I just see the same doe and yearlings. I've hunted this property for almost 30 years, it used to be good, but the last 5 or 6 years have been terrible.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!