Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
Another Sun King supporter here. Clay and Dave have set up and amazing brewery, and everything they put it out is great. For every day drinking I love their Osiris Pale Ale. Recently they put out a seasonal called Winter Storm Warning that is a killer Imperial ESB.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 PM  
new brewer

juice, in
Good micro

Three floyds! Hek ya good beer!

Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 PM  

Elkhart, IN
Elkhart also has Mad Anthony's not my fav, Mishawaka had Mishawaka Brewing Company but they decided to close, BUT...Granger is getting Bare Hands Brewery which is small but decent stuff!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:19 PM  

West Lafayette, indiana
Lafayette has a few. The Lafayette Brewing Company always has a few good seasonal on tap, as well as their regulars. The food is great and you can take a case of your favorite brew home with you.

The newest is Peoples Brewing, It is down town and it is really good, I haven't had one that I didn't find enjoyable. Most of the local places have their stuff on tap and you can walk right into the brewery and buy whatever you like.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 PM  

Valpo, IN
Figure 8 brewry in Valpo is located on 130 just outside of downtown. Its a tiny place but they have the best Rye beer I have ever had (it ranks up there with the best beer I have ever tried aswell). I highly reccomend this place to anyone looking to try a local place that makes very limitied quanitity runs.

Also check out BeerGeeks in Highland on 45th.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 AM  

Three Floyds is probably the best, However the Upland Tap room in Broad Ripple is within walking distance so most of my beer money goes there
Old 12-28-2010, 02:06 PM  

Fort Wayne, IN
Three Floyds is a great brewery. Here in Fort Wayne all we have is Mad Anthony's . I think there Pale Ale is a great beer.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 PM  

Fishers, IN
Three Floyds is probably the best in Indiana. Closer to my home, Barley Island has some great stuff like their Single White Frier, Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout and Porter, and Dirty Helen which is one of their standards, a nice balanced Brown Ale. Sun King also has some good stuff and you can get it in cans, which is cool. Brugge, Broad Ripple Brew Pub, Oaken Barrel, lots of great beer here in the city.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:33 PM  

Lafayette, IN
Three Floyd's is overrated. I've had their Alpha King, Gumball, and Robert the Bruce. I found each to be unbalanced and bland. I like some of Upland's stuff. I've been most impressed with Barley Island Brewing in Noblesville. Their Dirty Helen is a great brown ale. Mad Anthony is also pretty decent stuff.

Here is Lafayette, the LBC is horrible beer, but they do make good bison burgers. All their beer tastes watered down and flavorless. Sometimes the Common is decent, but I don't waste my money there.

People's IPA is some excellent beer. One of the best IPA's I've ever had. Unfortunately, all their other stuff is similar tasting and 1-dimensional.

I'm such a hard man to please.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 AM  

You can't beat Three Floyds for unique and awesome brews.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads