Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Who would stop and help another person out?
Yes 15 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley View Post
I have made it a habit to help if and when I can and never accept money. The first time I get helped out the guy asked for 20 bucks for 5 min. of help.

I don't want karma to hit him but I wouldn't mind if it hit me.
I pulled a guy out of a snow bank one time then while I was rolling up my recovery strap off he went without even a wave or thank you. I never ask for money as well.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
I stop every chance I get. Plus, the vehicle is equipped with LED emergency lighting to stay safe.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 AM  

Frederick, Maryland
I helped a bunch of people out last year during the blizzard. It's pretty cool feeling when someone needs help and you are able to help out.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:27 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I get the feeling most of us had good upbringing. I never hesitate to help. I used to carry a can of gas just for others who had run out.
It only takes a minute or two to jump a car or give someone a push. There are crazy people out there but they don't generally pose as stranded drivers.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:31 AM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Whenever it looks safe and I have tools in the truck.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
With all this crazy new stuff it's hard to be much help if it's not a flat tire or lack of fuel...
Old 03-02-2011, 01:06 PM  

North Webster, Indiana
Great to see all the Hoosier Helpers out there.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 PM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
Do anyone else use lighting to stay safe?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:40 PM  

Fort Wayne, IN
When I can, I do. In one particular instance, my kids (11 and 13) were with me and we (eldest and I), pushed a disabled car out out of the road (coliseum blvd). I thought it was a great way to model practical religion to the kids. Never had anyone offer money and I would not dream of accepting under any circumstance. I only even post it here as under anonymity, as it were... let your good deeds be done in secret that your Heavenly Father, who sees in secret, may reward you openly...
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
let your good deeds be done in secret that your Heavenly Father, who sees in secret, may reward you openly...
Be careful what you ask for though... I had a year with nothing to do but wonder why God had spared me from some stuff that should have killed me 3 times over.
That led to the idea He might have work for me so I asked him. Worked appeared shortly thereafter. More followed. I began to think I was on to something.
One day I asked while passing an expressway ramp. By the next exit there sat the "work". It came in the form of a well dressed drunk standing on a freeway 6 inches from traffic. I knew he was mine because I was an alcoholic of long practice newly sober but needing "work"
The lad had hitched 300 miles that day on his way to bury his mum. He said he needed a bar or liquor store. He had 50 miles to go and could barely stand. I got him home and without adding to his condition.
I believe in a God with a smart ass sense of humor who delights in reminding me he knows me too well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!