Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM  

Is the weather more bearable in Indy?

I live in NWI walking distance to Illinois actually and I absolutely can't stand the weather. Can you brew outside in the winter down there? Graduate from college soon and thinking about relocating when I finish.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 PM  

Hoosier
I brew outside only. I would rather brew in the snow than 100 degree heat. I brewed this weekend in the snow with a hight of 35.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 AM  

Indianapolis, IN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 812coolman View Post
I brew outside only. I would rather brew in the snow than 100 degree heat. I brewed this weekend in the snow with a hight of 35.
Couldnt agree with you more, 812coolman!! I have lived in Munster, west burbs of Chicago and now Indy and I have always brewed outside during the winter and wouldnt have it any other way. If there is worry about heat loss, especially during mashing, wrap your tun with some insulation. If you direct fire, you will be ok for the most part, just might go through a little more propane than normal.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:31 PM  

West Lafayette, indiana
I usually just use my Mr. Beer in the kitchen, am I doing it wrong?
Old 12-28-2010, 05:22 PM  

Fishers, IN
The problem with Indiana weather is that it is completely spastic. Where in the south you know it will be hot in the summer and more mild in the winter and in the north more mild in the summer but cold in the winter, here we get the best of both worlds. 90s with 90% humidity in the summer, then freezing with snow in the winter. You can't win.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana
Bookmark this Page!