Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM  

Indianapolis, IN
Turkey Run State Park

Has anyone else found it very difficult to get a campsite at Turkey Run SP?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 PM  

Awesome park

Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 PM  

they do not have a large area that is tent friendly...I've had trouble in the middle of the season where it was hard to get a site. However if you are in a camper you are probably ok
Old 02-22-2011, 12:53 PM  

Great place to stay if, you can get a spot.
If, you are thinking of taking your dog there make sure you keep a close eye on them near the cliffs. They lose a few every year from falling off the cliffs. I know far too well since my lab slid off and fell nearly 30 feet down to the creek below. Luckily she survived but had 2 messed up legs/paws for a few months.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 AM  

Indianapolis, Indiana
Speaking about Turkey Run is it true that the canoe trips going through there can be more dragging than floating? Understandably it would depend on the amount of rain fall within a time frame but I normally go down Blue river and have never had a problem even during the extremely dry times.

I would like to try new areas this year but every time I bring up Turkey Run I am told about some dragging my boat story.

Thanks..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads