Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 11:17 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
I miss Vince's!

I grew up in Ontario and as a treat we would get Vince's spaghetti a couple times a month. They have limited hours and no real specialties, but man that spaghetti with meat sauce haunts me in my dreams!

Going down to RC for Thanksgiving, and will definitely have to make a trip down to Vince's! Please tell me it hasn't changed - it's probably been 15 years since I've been there.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:34 PM  

I also like Vince's, but have a problem with their spaghetti sauce. I tried my hardest to enjoy it, but it just tastes burnt to me. I have been twice due to others recommending it, but both times the taste was the same. Can you tell me if this is just how their sauce is made?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:41 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
I don't remember a burnt taste, but I definitely didn't have a well developed palate back then. For me, it's more of a nostalgic thing, like mom's cooking. I'm going to go out of my way to have Vince's when I'm down there next week, I'll let you know what I think after not having had it for so long.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:04 PM  

Pasadena, CA
Wow, I haven't thought about Vince's in years (35 maybe?). We used to go when I was in my teens. I remember enjoying it.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:20 PM  

Rialto, ca
I am not the biggest fan of Vince's. I am not sure why but perhaps it is the limited menu or I caught them on a bad day
Old 11-22-2010, 11:43 PM  

Loma Linda, CA
Was at Vince's earlier this year to a reunion of ex employees and friends food is still great yes the menu is limited, but better a master of one trade than a jack of many.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:00 PM  

upland, ca
Crazyness

I went to Vince's on the advice of countless others. I don't know where these people have gotten their food before, or it was just a bad day. But now that I have started mentioning my experience to people most people say they don't like it trying the place for the first time as adults, but if they had it since they were kids it is something that they crave... must be addicting.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:48 PM  

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Vince's is good as ever hahaha...... I don't think it has changed, hope you enjoy it when you are down here.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:59 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
We're eating dinner there on Friday. I'll let you all know if it's really the treat I'm making it out to be in my head! Can't wait.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:40 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Didn't get a chance to have a meal at Vince's while I was down there, but I brought a quart of meat sauce back with me and had it last night. As expected, it's not the best spaghetti sauce I've ever had, but it was nice traveling back in time to my childhood when Dad would run out and get a couple of full-orders and garlic bread for dinner. Mmmmmm.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!