Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 AM  

Apple Valley, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhydrant View Post
more into family friendly trail :-)
Plenty of stuff in both those areas that are scenic.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM  

Hemet, California
I've got a Red 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport out east of Hemet.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM  

Hemet, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 982500h View Post
2000 TJ. I'm looking for a place to do some light wheelin' within 30 miles of Moreno Valley. Anyone have suggestions?
A great run with few challenges would be the Thomas Mountain trail. It starts just south of the entrance to Lake Hemet up south east of Hemet. Great views on the back side ridge and lots of trees. Right now (Feb) there is snow in a few places.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 AM  

Hemet, California
Quote:
2000 TJ. I'm looking for a place to do some light wheelin' within 30 miles of Moreno Valley. Anyone have suggestions?
Another run is to drive east out of Hemet as if you were going up to Idyllwild but turn right at Fairview Avenue in the Valle Vista area. Drive 2 miles to a junction that goes left and continue on up into Bautista Canyon until you reach the dirt part of this beautiful canyon road. I've ridden my road bike up this canyon to the prison over 250 times in the last 4 years...it is the best ride around. If you take your Jeep you can continue up the canyon on a windy dirt road all the way up to the community of Anza. From there, either turn around, go explore other dirt roads, or drive east or west to get back to Moreno Valley.
Nice run and there are some good restaurants you can get food at also. One I recommend highly is the Paradise Corner Cafe up at the south end of Garner Valley while heading back toward the Idyllwild area.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM  

Hemet, California
Quote:
And of course there are the dirt roads up in the Big Bear area to check out. Lots of options up there.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:15 PM  

Hemet, California
Jeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDave81 View Post
I have a 2008 JK Wrangler -- still stock for now (no $$) -- but eventually I'll build it up for better offroading (though I've had no problems when I go out now)
"Jeep" stands for "just empty every pocket". Most Jeeps can go most places but a bit of a lift helps when you want to keep your gas tank from dragging going down into, say, ravines, etc.
We put a 2 inch lift and BFG 32x11.50s on our 2005 TJ Wrangler and it goes most places. We don't ever plan on doing the extreme rock crawling because we prefer not to break things. Just going out and looking for gold and meteorites and desert camping is enough.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.