Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM  

Wildomar, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexor View Post
Then Somalia lit up and I got orders to Camp Pendleton. I forgot the unit but it was at Camp Margarita, that was the winter the bridge near where Basilone and Vandegrift meet got washed out from the heavy rains, and the airfield was under water. I was only there for a couple of months, before I was transferred to 1/9 - The Walking Dead. I went on float and while we were out the Black Hawk Down incident happened, so our ARG went at full speed across the Indian Ocean. You had to tie yourself into your rack, the waves were so big.

I got back from float volunteered for the next float going out (1/4) so that when we returned I could transfer to a base unit and get back on track with my schooling (going to school in a deployable unit is almost impossible). That was a great float
i was on those floats... the uss new orleans.. both times.. those were both good floats.. i was on a security team while we did the squares off somalia.. but was attached the the ACE squadron and worked with the squids..

and i also visited the Cowboy Boogie a few times with my country music lovin' friends.. i was stationed at Tustin from 90-96

Old 12-19-2010, 11:07 AM  

Virginia Beach, Va
Joined the Navy December 22, 1992.... Still serving as an HM1 (SW/AW) on active duty

Old 12-20-2010, 12:12 AM  

Temecula, California
I just came across my float book a few months ago and have it on my desk. As I'm writing this I picked it up and thought of a buddy of mine. He was huge, he played college football, but just for a year or two then screwed up his knee, so of course the military took him.

I transfered out to go on the next outgoing float, he stayed there and they went to Australia, I'm still pissed that I never got to go. This was a guy who loved to party, and he said that was the best party he ever had. Him and a friend of his were picked up on by 3 chicks...

After being at sea for awhile, that must have been like a Penthouse Letters story. But I degress.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 PM  

California
Active usn enginmen uss benfold ddg 65
Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 PM  

Wildomar, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexor View Post
I just came across my float book a few months ago and have it on my desk. As I'm writing this I picked it up and thought of a buddy of mine. He was huge, he played college football, but just for a year or two then screwed up his knee, so of course the military took him.

I transfered out to go on the next outgoing float, he stayed there and they went to Australia, I'm still pissed that I never got to go. This was a guy who loved to party, and he said that was the best party he ever had. Him and a friend of his were picked up on by 3 chicks...

After being at sea for awhile, that must have been like a Penthouse Letters story. But I degress.
well.. he wasn't lying.. Australia was the best port i ever hit.. and your friend sounds like a few that i had on that float.. man that place rocked.. if we would have stayed another week.. i probably would've been married to a local there.. lol
Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 PM  

5 yrs in the Marine Corps. Aug 2000-Aug 2005. I was a 5963 - TAOM Repairman. Essentially an air traffic control tower laid on its side and stuffed in a 20 foot shelter. I volunteered to go to Okinawa out of schools. Deployed for 6 months to Kandahar, Afghanistan with MACS-4 in 02. When I got back I PCS'd to Pendleton and finished my time at MCTSSA, a non-deployable R&D type place.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:18 PM  

Ridgecrest, CA
I did 20 years in the Navy. I'm retired now working for the navy as a contractor, working on the F/A-18 aircraft. In sunny SoCal
Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 PM  

22 years in the Marine Corps and counting, but retirement is fast approaching.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TJRocker View Post
22 years in the Marine Corps and counting, but retirement is fast approaching.
Rah 98...

Where are you stationed at now? Enlisted or officer type?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-05-2011, 08:32 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Rah 98...

Where are you stationed at now? Enlisted or officer type?
29 Palms now, started out enlisted, but entered the Warrant Officer program in 2002.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.