Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2010, 01:56 PM  

Temecula, California
Temecula - The Finest City on Earth?

Don't take this wrong, it is not a knock on any other city, it is just that I really love it here in Temecula (and the surrounding area). The weather is great, it is family centered, everything is clean and new, housing is affordable, we are driving distance to the beach, desert, or mountains. Honestly, it seems like the ideals of Disneyland embodied in an actual living city. I can't imagine anywhere else with the amenities that Temecula offers.

Now, tell me why you love your city. I hope this can be a clean thread and not used to talk trash. All positive...

Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 AM  

Success, Missouri
I lived there while we were waiting to move in to a home we bought up in Sun City. The temp is very nice and allot of nice stores (restaurants, shopping). It is a little too crowded for me.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:55 PM  

bandam, ct
Temecula is a nice city, I used to work there.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:39 AM  

Temecula, California
I like it, But its getting crowded fast.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 PM  

Corona, California
I think Temecula is a nice city next to Corona, but IMO traffic is terrible. I have family there and trying to get off the freeway is crazy but most of the streets are the same way.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM  

Wildomar, CA
lived in Temecula for the past 3 years.. just move up to Murrieta for a few months while waiting to close on our home in Wildomar..

Temecula is very nice.. a little crowded and the people come across self centered... at least the majority I have come in contact with..

went to wildomar for space.. i'm getting a half acre there.. and the few folks i have run into have been really nice.. so we'll see.. i'm a country boy at heart.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM  

Temecula, California
When I think of Temecula, I see Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Menifee, and all the surrounding area as one. I'm surprised about your experience with people being self centered here. I've worked blue collar and white collar jobs here and have always enjoyed the company of those I run into. I'm like that pretty much everywhere I go though.

One experience I had while I was out of work, I started a small business where I sold my service house to house, while doing this I met the former Commanding General of Camp Pendleton. I had met him once while I was in the Marines, but I was in a group of probably 10,000 or so and I was as anonymous as could be, so my point is that he didn't know me from Adam. Now he is the publisher or editor for the Californian Newspaper. This is a man influence and stature, he took over an hour to converse with me. It was as inspirational to me to see him in a group as it was to speak one on one with him.

I can tell you dozens of stories that went the same way. I'm not discounting your experiences, I'm just saying that mine were at the far other end of the spectrum. Everyone is right...It is a little crowded here, but it's still a small enough community that if I need to get to Murrieta from the southern end of Temecula I don't even need to get on the freeway and I can make it in pretty good time too.

With every pro there is typically a con to go with it.

Pro...the crime rate is low in Temecula
Con...the police write more moving violations because they have the time do it

Con...it's too crowded
Pro...the population gives the city the tax base to be as nice as it is

Like I said if you look at the demographics of the area all of the surrounding cities are basically the same with a couple of exceptions where the crime rate is higher. I'm sure I could go on and on about the pros and cons, my point is that when you weigh it all out this is the best mix I've ever experienced, and I was hoping to hear from others about what they felt passionate about their city.

HAPPY NEW YEAR...
Old 01-09-2011, 09:15 PM  

Moreno Valley, California
i work in temecula. i must say, it actually is very nice, and i would love to move there some day. but i think the "newness" of the city contributes highly to how nice it is.
but there a LOT of cars driving around with freemason stickers on them.
i feel like im missing out on something.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 AM  

Temecula, Ca
One of the best school district in the state when u loom at test scores
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 AM  

My folks lived there for years and although the selections of restaurants are great, I dread driving there, because the traffic is horrendous. The freeways are also known to back up at many off ramps, so watch for stopped traffic while driving in the slow lane. I do like walking around old town and is a great place for a Harley ride, but just avoid Sunday afternoons, because you will walk faster than you can drive.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads