Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2010, 06:05 PM  

Riverside, CA
Where to see Christmas lights in Southern California?

New thought. The Mission Inn hotel here in Riverside puts up lights all over it. It really is spectacular. They also have an outdoor ice skating rink and they do carriage rides.

I was thinking, if you know of a cool place to see monstrous amounts of lights post it up here. If you know of a certain street where all the neighbors participate let us know.

As a tradition, we make a night out of cruising around looking for housing tracts and seeing all the different lights.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 11-28-2010, 08:11 PM  

I know of three great spots to see amazing Christmas light displays. One in in Chino, off of Riverside Drive. Another is in Rancho Cucamonga, due north on Benson, and the last one I know about is in Pasadena, North of Foothill above the 210 freeway.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 PM  
Traveler

Ontario, CA
There is a neighborhood in Chino off San Antonio and Walnut. Forgot the name of the actual street, but you will see it.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:48 PM  

I stand corrected. The one in Chino is in fact off Walnut, thanks Peace!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 PM  

Hemet, Ca
I would have to say Chino for lights and The Mission Inn, in Riverside for the shops and x-mass decor
Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 PM  
Traveler

Ontario, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I stand corrected. The one in Chino is in fact off Walnut, thanks Peace!
No problem!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM  

The Chino lights are on Lemon Place and Fillmore Street (near the intersection of Walnut and San Antonio). I grew up on the next block and remember how the lights started getting more and more outrageous every year. We had to put more lights every year just to keep from looking so bad. The story (the way I vaguely remember) is that one person on the corner put on the roof lights that said something like "Yamaha Rules." His buddy down the street then answered with "Suzuki #1" (or something to that effect). Then the first guy responded with a bigger display. And every year they tried to top each other. The neighbors then just putting up more lights to try to keep up. Eventually people started to see the light off the 60 fwy and came over to see the show. The Chino police had to start getting involved to control traffic. Years after the originators moved, the local neighbors have kept up the tradition, but not as over-the-top as it used to be.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 PM  

Yucaipa, Ca, Johnstown, P.A.
Its been yrs since i have gone around looking at xmas lights. Being single or having no kids takes out the fun & excitement. Xmas light viewing is surely a couple or family thing. I miss that.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:15 PM  

I was born & raised on Fillmore St & it was the Chamberlains (cul de sac home) that started the lights tradition. I remember it being a nightmare to get in & out of the block :/
Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
The two I know of are already mentioned. Lemon in Chino used to be our tradition, but I haven't been in probably 20 years so I don't know how it is today. It was really awesome when I was a kid because a whole neighborhood goes all out.

The other one is a couple of blocks from my Mom's house, off of Sapphire and Thoroughbred in Rancho. Similar thing, where the whole neighborhood goes all out.

Both get a bit trafficky, but nice to take the kids to if you have patience. We're crossing our fingers that Thoroughbred will still be going tomorrow as we're headed that way. My kids have never been.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Inland Empire
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.