Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM  

Roseburg, Oregon
Greetings from The Bicycling Guitarist

Hello everyone.

Since the early 1980s I have ridden tens of thousands of miles "no hands" on a ten-speed bicycle while simultaneously playing guitar, writing hundreds of original songs. A few dozen of the older songs are on my web site along with essays on various subjects and details of my car, bicycle and pets.

Since 2006 I live in Roseburg, Oregon, but I was born in Fairfield, California where I spent the first thirty-five years of my life. From 1995 to 2006 I lived in Cloverdale, California (ninety miles north of San Francisco on Highway 101).

I hope this forum does well. It is a good idea. Peace. TBG

Old 11-07-2010, 02:11 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hey buddy! Welcome to our forum! I'll be sure and check out your website.

I was stationed down about 3 hours south of San Fransisco in Monterey, California. California's beautiful and I do miss it sometimes.

I hope you can contribute to our forum - I know you guys out in Cali definitely have some good outlook on things!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 AM  

Roseburg, Oregon
Thanks Jake.
I live in Oregon now, but to paraphrase a recent South Park episode you can take the fetus out of California but you can't take California out of the fetus.

As a child, I was visiting Hawaii when they were filming the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!. I have seen some of the many replica aircraft many times since then at various air shows. One of the main subjects over many decades of my studies in history is the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I don't like the 2001 Pearl Harbor movie, but Tora! Tora! Tora! is still one of my all-time favorite films.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'll have to check out that movie - I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Nowadays the big things they're filming are Hawaii 5-0 and the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie - they actually just rebuild the Black Pearl, but now they're being real secretive about it! Also, they did the Lost TV show here, but that's long gone...

Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM  

Hay Jake, right now in Haleiwa Harbor is an old black pirate ship with skeltons all over it. Could this be for the Pirates of the Carribean movie?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
quite possibly? are you here, havasu?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 PM  

No, when we were over a few weeks ago, my sister rented a house on Sunset Beach, and they took a boat ride out of the harbor, and saw it. She just sent the pics, which I tried to cut and paste, but I'm unable to do so. If you get a chance, swing by and take a look at it. Really a neat, actual floating ship.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:15 PM  

Apple Valley, California
to the forum

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Introduction
Bookmark this Page!