Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2011, 04:19 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stric9 View Post
Everyone down in my part of Iowa have issues with the new law. It doesnt change much to current laws and as far as increased shootings thats highly doubtful since most of the people that will carry arent stupid enough to shoot without a lawful reason.
The problem there is the people that would carry would be stupid enough What about some of the younger adults that would be.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 AM  

Camanche, IA
One thing I don't care a lot for is how the new law doesn't require range qualification.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 AM  

Northeast, Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whobeme View Post
One thing I don't care a lot for is how the new law doesn't require range qualification.
That is the issue I have with the new law as well. I HOPE that anyone that gets a permit will take the time to become proficient with the weapon they carry. I shoot on a regular basis and there are times on the range where someone will bring a weapon that they are not familiar with. I learn about new weapons at home and dry fire at least a thousand times BEFORE I take it to the range. No ammunition in the weapon, in fact, no ammunition in the room when practicing. (Don't dry fire rimfire weapons as it can damage the firing pin)

Semper Fi
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whobeme View Post
Indeed, this is not good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Bookmark this Page!