Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2010, 10:15 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
Hawkeyes

Why is this team still ranked?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:41 AM  

Iowa
It's not anymore. Minnesota played a heck of a game, they had their fires lit, that's for sure. Too bad, we were all hoping for a lot from our Hawks

Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 PM  

Anoka, Minnesota
I was trolling with the original post.

That being said. No team has done so little with so much for so long in recorded history. Maybe next year the media will get it right and not rank Iowa so highly. Prove that you can beat the teams your suppose to beat and maybe the rankings will be justified.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 AM  

Chicago, IL
I think they could have been better than they played. They seemed to play to the level of the teams the were playing or the level they thought those teams were. Look at the MSU game. I wish they played like that all year. But I agree, they should not have been ranked. I'll disclaim this with the fact that I grew up in Iowa...
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM  

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm so very sad about this season. They should have been so much better.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM  

Chicago, IL
Not that I really care about winning the Insight bowl...but that is pretty much out the window with the DJK news. What a crappy ending to such a hopeful season.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 AM  

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Look forward to seeing what Vandenberg can do for us next year.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 AM  

Chesterton, IN
It would be nice to see Iowa fans actually admit that their program is not on par with the likes of SEC teams, Ohio State, etc. You know, teams that actually do win their conferences outright several times in a decade.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM  

Fort Madison, Iowa
Iowa needs a new offensive coordinator. The defense has been pretty outstanding the past few years. They most certainly were over ranked. The thing about how they get ranked is that the fans travel for that team better than any other team in college sports. Its all about the money. DJK is stupid for even entertaining the thought about doing what he did. He was a projected 1st round pick in the draft. He most likely wont be in the NFL now even after he gets out of prison. Maybe he will share a cell with Pierre Paul or whatever his name was that played basketball for the Hawks or get transferred to hang out with Maurice Clarrett.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM  

Bettendorf, Iowa
They have no control over their players. Now they admit that the drug testing progam has issues. Really? Just now they are finding that out? Guess if you perform on the field who cares what you do in your free time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Bookmark this Page!