Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 AM  

OKC
Is Marshalltown, Iowa Good or Bad?

I was thinking about moving back to Iowa and considered Marshalltown, used to love visiting family there, love Maid-Rites.

Has the town gone down hill in the last decade? I know lots of immigrants have moved in, crime bad?

Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 AM  

SFO
In a road trip I ate at a place called Taylor's Maid Rites in Illinois .. same thing?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 PM  

Des Moines, Iowa
Its not too bad, its about 10,000-12,000 in pop, I used to work there. There is stuff to do, but not a ton when It comes to extracriculars, however, a good location in the state and close to Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Iowa City.... Kinda...and 30 min form ames..

as for crime, form what I know its pretty chill, its just a matter of where you live in town.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM  

Dallas, Texas
We just moved from Des Moines to Texas. Spent a lot of time in Marshalltown over the past 20 years. It's still a nice city but it's getting more and more dirty as the years go on, needs a big job creator to move in.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:43 PM  

Slater, Iowa
I'll agree it is slowly moving downhill in the cleanliness aspect.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 PM  

Norwalk, IA
I would also recommend the Des Moines area (suburbs or towns within 30 miles). If you still want to visit Marshalltown it is a short drive up the 330 diagonal.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 AM  

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Don't forget Stones restaurant for good old fashioned supper club fare. I don't live there, but have not heard much bad news coming from Marshalltown. It has the usual meth related stories, but not much else for crime. It does seem to have become dirtier. I think you can find reasonably priced housing. One good thing about the influx of immigrants is you can get some good Mexican food there! The location is good for visiting other destinations, too. Good luck!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Iowa
Bookmark this Page!