Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 03:19 PM  

Orange Park, FL
Free Things to Do

I thought it would be fun to begin a thread posting things that you enjoy doing that are free.

My number one thing we love to do is go to the Landing and walking along the water. We usually walk all the way down to the East end and grab a Starbuck's and head all the way down to the West end and back. At night it is usually calm and beautiful.

We found a little fishing pier off of County Road 220 (north on Lake Shore Drive). It is just a small piece of land with a picnic table grill, and some benches along the water. You can also fish off the pier.

We found a great park area at the Camp Chowenwaw on South Hwy 17. It is intimate and beautiful. It is on Black Creek. There are cabins to rent for really cheap if you want to stay over night. There is a playground for children. My husband and I spent three hours walking through the trails last weekend.

If you have any favorite spots... especially unknown spots... please share.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 AM  

FL
We like to walk around San Marco. Great little place with a lot of character. And there's some good eats there, so you can have some good food and people watch.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM  
eap

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Nothin beats the beaches. Some particularly good spots include Hugenot Park on the north St. Johns River bank, Hannah Park south of the Mayport naval station, and in general, neptune / atlantic beaches are less crowded than Jax beach.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
If you're out in the Orange Park/Fleming Island area Camp Chowenwaw is nice too, the first right after the Black Creek Bridge if you're heading South on Hwy 17, nice picnic areas and trails, my wife and I love taking our dogs there.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:39 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
On of my favorite free things is the Ft. Caroline National Monument. Great history, some trails along the water.

Also like to hike at the T. Roosevelt area off of Mt. Pleasant Rd.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 AM  

jacksonville, florida
Walking around St Augustine.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:30 AM  

Gainesville, Florida
Can't beat hanging around the beach and walking around Historic St. Augustine. I just wish I lived closer.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:05 PM  

There is a nice walk along river road in OP. From Blanding turn at the Dog track and drive back to the St. Johns. at the stop sign turn left and the road will take you by the river. Nice sidewalk, you can park easy at the back of the dog track in the dirt right across from the sidewalk.

If you bike ride, you can stay on the sidewalk and go from the dog track, along the river, over to blanding at Kingsley and then south to the black creek.

Lakeshore in OP has a nice sidewalk that goes along the railroad track from kingsley for about 5 miles......
Old 01-21-2011, 07:39 PM  

Florida
No App for this

Getting outdoors and walking through Guana River park, Mickler's landing, American Beach up in Amelia, or a drive/motorcycle ride through Ortega--priceless!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM  

St Augustine, FL
Grab a...

Paddle around St Augustine in a kayak - there's water everywhere and plenty to see!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads