Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 04:55 PM  

Good beer?

Any local brewpubs worth trying? Engine 15 in Jax Beach has a good selection of guest taps while they're trying to get their brewhouse fired. The Alehouses at least carry a reasonable selection, although about the only thing approaching a good ale is Sierra Nevada.

Don't get me wrong - Sierra Nevada is good and has gotten me through some dry spells in desolate places that generally only server fizzy yellow piss water (aka Bud, Miller, Coors).

Has Jacksonville not discovered the microbrewery revolution?

Old 11-19-2010, 10:31 AM  

jacksonville, florida
Not a Microbrew, but over 600 different bottled beers and 84 beers on tap. Open till 3am....it's a win win. Kickbacks Gastro pub

Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM  

Deland, Florida
Sierra Nevada on tap and medium Zingers make the Alehouses a worthwhile stop almost anywhere. But after getting into craft beers, microbrews, and some really good imports, most bars, including the Alehouse, have lost their initial luster.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:17 PM  

Spokane, WA
I was just in Jax Beach for a weekend a few months ago and, after searching from bar to bar, I found only one place that carried DogfishHead... and that was it. No, FL has not discovered Micro/Craft beer yet. I lived in Gainesville for 20 years, and I can say, it's a culture thing. Crappy, light, cheap, beer is most people want... so that's what most bars carry. Pretty sad if you ask me.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 PM  
eap

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Bold City Brewery in Riverside / Westside of Jacksonville will give you a sampling of their delicious beers.

European street has a decent selection.

Kickbacks is probably the best yet for variety. Great food too.

Mellow Mushroom in Jax beach actually has quite a few on tap too.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 AM  

GA
I too have found the Ale House. Great selection of beer on tap, always love a Smithwicks or Guinness.

I went to PF Changs at the Town Center last week and they had four beers on tap and they were all crap.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:16 AM  

Tallahassee, FL
+1 for Bold City. They're getting better
Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
+1 again for Bold City and Kickbacks, also Intuition Ale Works 720 King Street looks interesting, haven't been there yet though.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeezer View Post
I was just in Jax Beach for a weekend a few months ago and, after searching from bar to bar, I found only one place that carried DogfishHead... and that was it. No, FL has not discovered Micro/Craft beer yet. I lived in Gainesville for 20 years, and I can say, it's a culture thing. Crappy, light, cheap, beer is most people want... so that's what most bars carry. Pretty sad if you ask me.
I agree, it's tough to find good beer in Jax. The masses don't care about quality, but rather they want cheap watered down "floor beer" to go with their "whatever-bombs".

Seven Bridges is one of my favorite micro brews in Jax. I like the chill atmosphere, the brews are pretty good and the service is usually great. A good friend of mine (actually one of my groomsmen) was the brew master there a number of years ago. I still drop by every once in a while and still like that place. Go to the bar and ask for Steve. Tell him Keith sent you!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:20 AM  

Jacksonville, FL
I went up to E-Street last night on Park and they had the Intuition People's Pale which was pretty good, makes me want to try their other brews.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!