Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 PM  

Vero Beach, Florida
Jacksonville

Simple description

For a city its a little rough laid out. You basically have to drive everywhere. My brother goes to UNF there and likes it a lot though, plus it's close to the beach where the waves are some of the best in Florida. You'll definitely always be able to find something to do too.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM  

Jacksonville, Florida
The lay out is governed by the River and Ocean.

When folks first came here, they settled in downtown where the river was shallow. The oldest neighborhood is Springfield to the North of Downtown.

My brother in law lives about 5 miles away, directly across the river, but we have to drive about 20 miles to get there.

Never, ever lease a car if you live in Jax. You will go over the mileage limit every time.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:21 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
I used to hate how big it was. It seemed like to go somewhere you almost had to plan a trip. After I worked at this place and had to drive all over town it started to not seem as bad to me. Now I work somewhere else and dont leave my side of town and things seem far again.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:45 PM  

It's big but most of what you do seems close. 95% of the stores and stuff are within a 20 mile drive from the house.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!