Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 05:20 PM  

JAX area SCUBA?

I'm new to the area and haven't found a dive shop, dive buddy, or had much chance to check out local dive locations. What do folks recommend / suggest?

I certified in cold water (Oregon - think drysuits and/or 7mm farmer john's plus a vest) and never did much local diving. I'd only dive about once a year on vacation, and one of the things I'm looking forward to is diving more often.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Check out the springs in the winter. 72 degree clear water. Just be careful of overhead diving. When summer comes....offshore clears up. Check out some of the wrecks and other offshore dives for BIG animals. Great diving in Jax. Shhhh....don't tell anyone!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:00 PM  

Gainesville, Florida
I agree with the statement about the springs. They are a good place to do a test dive after some lag time. However, just call and make sure the springs are still open to divers. During the winter months, manatees will inhabit some springs and that can cause the springs to be closed to divers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads