Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 PM  

jacksonville, florida
Restaurants you crave on each side of town....

These are some of the Restaurants that I crave the most around all sides of town:

Riverside- Jacksons (1522 King street) has fresh reasonable priced burgers served on a very unique bun. Looks like a great bar to relax at after work maybe catch some live music, after a bike ride around riverside. Kickbacks (910 King st) feels a little dirty has slower service but is worth the wait. They have a wide variety of food on their menu and serve many beers on tap. They serve food after 2a.m. and is a more exciting choice than Dennys at that hour.

Jax beach- My favorite chinese is Chans (35 North 11th Street Jacksonville beach) mostly good for takeout. There is only a few tables they also deliver nearby.
DO NOT go to Buckkets on the beach for food. Their food is nasty but its an okay place to grab a stiff drink or some draft beer.
Neptune beach- My favorite outside bar on the beach is the lemon bar (120 Atlantic Blvd) but they are only open seasonally. Ragtime has their own brewery room and has very delicious brunch and dinner. I love the atmosphere. One side for family dining and the other side has live music occasionally.
Mayport- Mambos (2158 Mayport Rd, Atlantic Beach, FL) has delicious cuban food whenever i'm craving plantains. Olympia cafe (2550 Mayport Rd # 5), has the best Gyros but I think I always mispronounce these when I order them!!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:07 PM  

Orange Park, FL
My favorites in the Mandarin area r Chipotle Grill and Mama Fu's. The bet 'go to' places for good quality fast food!

Old 11-22-2010, 11:47 AM  

FL
E Street cafe just outside San Marco has some great food. And some excellent hard=to-find beer selections. And great cookies.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 AM  

jacksonville, florida
Thanks for the suggestions on where to go in mandarin. Everytime i go to that side of town i'm overwhelmed with where to eat I'm def going to try both. Anyone know of some good chinese restaurants near riverside? I've heard about foo hau in orange park that is really good but I have never seen an article about it in the folio weekly. I think that they just get paid to say that those restaurants are some of the best of jax.

I don't get on this side of town too much but on Cassat avenue there is so many barbeque and fried chicken places I don't know which is the best... any suggestions on that?

I recently discovered four layers coffee house in Springfield. They serve beer and wine and their hummus is sooo delicious. I really like the atmosphere. It kinda reminds me of bad ass coffee house but a little more classy.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:26 AM  

jacksonville, florida
Whitey's Fish Camp.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:21 AM  

Colombo Restaurant

Find a designated driver and roll down to St. Augustine for some awesome Sangria. Just get a cheap motel room and check out all the live bands as well.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Clark's Fish Camp on Julington Creek (awesome place to take out of towners)

Metro Diner on San Jose/Hendricks for Breakfast

French Pantry for Lunch (huge following/huge lines)

Rib Shack (at corner of Baymeadows and SanJose) for Brunswick Stew

Jenkins Bar B Que for Rib Sandwich and Fries
Old 12-29-2010, 01:39 PM  

New China on Normandy about half mile from Cassat. Does look like much but we like the food. In Avondale, you have Ruan Thai on St Johns ave. And there's also biscotti's and Brick at the Shops@Avondale.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM  

Orange Park, Florida
Chipotle on blanding right across from Argyle, Sticky Fingers on Baymeadows(amazing bbq!) Sonny's BBQ, Firehouse subs, Blueboys subs, and the Casbah.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 PM  

Jacksonville, FL
Me and my wife have two fav dinner spots. One is Wasabi Jap Steak House at the town center and this place at the river city market place in Oceanway called Green Papya.

For breakfast we go to a little place called terry's its in Oceanway also.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads