Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM  

Versailles, Mo
Are there any off-road club members that are black

I am looking for an off-road club to join, the only problem I?m having is I look at all the clubs on line and never see any black members. It?s not that it?s a requirement for me to join I just don?t want to be uncomfortable or make others uncomfortable. My wife is white and my children are biracial and I don?t want to put them in a bad situation if we show up at an event. I live in Versailles Mo.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM  

If I belonged to a jeep club, you and your entire family would most certainly be welcome! If you weren't welcome, I wouldn't want any part of the club.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM  

Kansas City, Missouri
I agree!

I agree with them, I woudl not be a member of anything that would make you or your family uneasy!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 PM  

Liberty, Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiny5880 View Post
I am looking for an off-road club to join, the only problem I?m having is I look at all the clubs on line and never see any black members. It?s not that it?s a requirement for me to join I just don?t want to be uncomfortable or make others uncomfortable. My wife is white and my children are biracial and I don?t want to put them in a bad situation if we show up at an event. I live in Versailles Mo.
In my past experience with off road clubs and having been mud racing and rock crawling for a long time just doesnt seem to be the thing with the black members. I have maybe seen a handful in almost 20 years. I think if you join the Jeep club that is of course if you have a Jeep. You wont have any problem feeling odd or putting your family in an odd situation. If you dont have a Jeep then just wheel. The clubs around here are pretty lame anyway. I like to wheel and dont really care who i wheel with. I notice clubs over the years to get clickish and to be pavement pounders. If you look around and join ( pirate4x4.com )maybe you can find some folks to wheel with. There are alot of different types a folks out there wheelin these days and lot a good people. I found after i joined pirate4x4 that i found alot more people to wheel with. Last but not least consider I am a die hard 4x4 guy. I owned my own 4x4 shop for quite a while and dont belong to any clubs. So really just my .02 cents but I honestly dont think you will find a club around here that you will have any negative feeling with if you join.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:17 AM  

Versailles, Mo
Thanks for the reply rednex 4x4s

I was wondering if you still had your 4x4 shop im looking to have some work done on my 87 yj. Im wanting to do a SOA lift or a RE 4" lift depending on which is more cost effective, I could probably handle the 4" rubicon express lift kit my self but not the SYE Ive never messed with the inside of a transfer case before. If not could you recomend a shop I live in Versailles Mo and dont know anyone around here that does that kind of work.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Nice to see people with their heads on straight. Heck, Clarence Thomas parks his motor home in NASCAR infields these days. I think old stereotypes are on the way out.

This just in!

white men can jump????????

Are there any off-road club members that are black-jimmer.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
Bookmark this Page!