Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 AM  

Overland Park
Blue Valley School District

I know the schools in Overland Park are said to be the best, I have a little girl about to go into kindergarten next year, and I don't know is we should go private or stick with public? Any ideas?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM  

topeka, kansas
private school almost always have better test scores than public

Old 09-29-2010, 09:14 AM  

Overland Park
Makes sense, I just hope they aren't ridiculously priced..
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM  

Chanute, Ks, Kansas
I am biased but...

...I think many public schools, especially Blue Valley PS, are as good as or better than many private schools. Blue Valley has some of the highest paid teachers in the Midwest and is able to recruit the best teachers in the area. Their facilities are all modern and they have the best technology available. The parent support is incredible there, so behavior and academic expectations are extremely high from both teachers and parents. I am a public school principal, so obviously I prefer public school.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:29 AM  

Kansas City, Kansas
Blue Valley definitely has great schools and would be a great choice. Private schools have good test scores because they get to pick and choose who goes there. Kind of slants things in their favor. Public schools give students every opportunity to succeed, some just choose not to take advantage of the opportunity. Check the Kansas State Dept. of Ed. website for the school report cards. I think you'll find that every Blue Valley school has scored quite well.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:03 PM  

bV seems better than average. My complaint is that they waste resources big time. That goes more for high school than anything else though.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM  

Kansas City, Kansas
Race to the Top High School Commencement Challenge | The White House

Blue Valley Northwest High School (Overland Park, Kansas) | The White House

Although they didn't win, BV school districts are still receiving national recognition and were a finalist this past year for the Commencement Challenge, a competition devoted to recognizing excellence in education and college preparation.

I think "better than average" would be an understatement.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.