Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 PM  

jack stacks has always been good and the service has been good also. im happy every time i go

Old 12-28-2010, 01:00 PM  

Jack Stack in Martin City, Cheezy corn! mmmmmmmm

Old 01-06-2011, 02:39 PM  

Kansas City, Kansas
I worked at Famous Dave's BBQ in KCK through college. 4 years in college along with 4 years of BBQ school. Don't get me wrong, FD isn't bad, not KC BBQ though. I would say that the best BBQ in KC comes from the KC BBQ competitors. Go to any BBQ competition in Kansas City or the surrounding area, and you'll find your new favorite BBQ. Those guys drop A TON of time, money, and effort into those competitions because their passionate about BBQ and keeping KC known for it. There's not a BBQ restaurant around that puts that much effort into a piece of meat... Thats a fact.

If you're talking best KC BBQ restaurant, Jack Stack is my vote... Although I know my wife would vote for Oklahoma Joes.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 AM  

Lenexa, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurrenteed View Post
I worked at Famous Dave's BBQ in KCK through college. 4 years in college along with 4 years of BBQ school. Don't get me wrong, FD isn't bad, not KC BBQ though. I would say that the best BBQ in KC comes from the KC BBQ competitors. Go to any BBQ competition in Kansas City or the surrounding area, and you'll find your new favorite BBQ. Those guys drop A TON of time, money, and effort into those competitions because their passionate about BBQ and keeping KC known for it. There's not a BBQ restaurant around that puts that much effort into a piece of meat... Thats a fact.

If you're talking best KC BBQ restaurant, Jack Stack is my vote... Although I know my wife would vote for Oklahoma Joes.
Agreed...and BBQ contests in general are a lot of fun. If you ever get a chance to go to American Royal, do it; it's huge and a ton of fun. I've lived in Lenexa for 3 years now and I'm out of town every year for the Kansas Championship in Sar-ko-par park, which literally bumps up against my backyard.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:01 PM  

Kansas City, Ks
LC's then Gates for flavor. I need to try Oklahoma Joe's. I keep hearing good things. I copied my smoker off of one of theirs, But mine is stainless steel.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:43 AM  

Gates by far. Gates has always been my standard to live up to when we eat anywhere else.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM  

Manhattan, Kansas
Big bubba's used to be my favorite before they were closed but now oklahoma joes has my heart
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM  

Lawrence, KS
I've heard K&M in Spring Hill is awesome but I have never been there.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM  

overland park, kansas
Gates or the barbecue shack in paola not so much the new one though, like the old one more
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM  

Lawrence, KS
Vermont Street BBQ, RIP, was my favorite out here for a long time, now I'll easily drive to Oklahoma Joe's or Rosedale BBQ down on Southwest. Hmm... Maybe I should do that for lunch!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.