Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
manhattan kansas brew club

I started a new thread called Little Apple brew crew so we can discuss a meeting time for manhattan and cities nearby that is good for all.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
my first two im doing is a pumkin ale and an irish stout just got fed-ex tracking numbers whoots

Old 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
to all who dont know the Little apple brew crew is still running in manhattan and i have info on it if you want to get in just let me know. oh and new update my kit is now in lenexa so i should have it sometime tomorrow!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:18 PM  

Little Apple

What's the scoop on the Little Apple Brew Crew?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 AM  

Manhattan, kansas
OMG LOL just called the company i ordered from to see if the kettle that they forgot to ship to me was on the way. They had to pull one from another order and will be shipping it out tonight, and once again all they could say was sorry I don't think i will be ordering from them again!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM  

Manhattan, kansas
Ok finally got to brew my first batch Last night!!! it started bubbling this morning very slowly bu is bubbling. its at 68 deg
Old 12-20-2010, 04:16 PM  

Manhattan, KS
I am the head brewer at Tallgrass. Myself, as well as 2 of the other brewers and Jeff, got our starts as homebrewers. If you ever feel like dropping by, we're more than happy to answer questions about homebrewing (and give you a quick tour). I've been homebrewing for about 9 years and started with all-grain. It's definitely the way to go once you're sure you will stick with it. There is definitely more up-front cost in doing all-grain, but it is worth it.

Lastly, there is a homebrew club in Manhattan, the Little Apple Brew Crew. The contact to be added to the mailing list is jardine@ksu.edu. The meetings are typically the 2nd or 3rd Monday of the month and we meet at various member's houses.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Chris
Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 AM  

Manhattan, kansas
Thanks I will be stopping by sometime just figured it be best after holidays when less busy!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM  

White City, Kansas
Wow this thread took off.

Well, My loml ordered me not one, but two kits from Northern brewer!! Got em for x-mas. I got an Amber Wheat and an Irish Red. I'll brew both up this weekend, I think I will actually brew them on New Year's day!! How fitting.

Does anyone use the cool brew sculptures to brew with? I would love to come and watch a garage brew sculpture in action. I was at a local beer store, class 6, and noticed that Tall Grass has some pretty cool RED 5 gal kegs. Does anyone know where I could get one to fill myself, or do I have to call and beg Tall Grass??

George
Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM  

Manhattan, kansas
I have no idea what a brew sculpture is LOL and not sure about the kegs either sorry to be so little help happy new year

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!