Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
I've only seen 4wheelers by k-53 can jeeps get in there too?

Yep, we take our jeep down there all the time, its a 94 wrangler on 31s. Theres quite a few mud pits down there that are easy to get through, but also a lot that challenge you but if you know how to drive can get through them, just whatever you do, DONT SCREW IT UP FOR THE REST OF US. also, the 3 pits in a row in the farmers field, dont even try them with anything less than 37 inch tires, you wont make it cept maybe the far left one, the middle one you will just sink in with 35s, and the far right one, you will be swimming in with 35s as well. its not like a four wheel drive park where you have a bunch of rocks and different obstacles, but if you know how to have fun, you can use whats around you and make it interesting.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 AM  

Wichita, KS
I only have 31's on my 90 jeep. I'm just looking for someplace closer to take the kids out without having to do a major road trip.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM  

Kansas City, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeshaw009 View Post
yes it is legal to wheel around on the river, just STAY OFF THE FARMERS FIELD. many people go down there thinking oh hey theres a way out this way, WRONG. the farmer does not complain bout people driving on the edge of his field, but we try to tell everybody who goes down there to not do it. theres not any rock crawling or stuff like that unless you make it urself on the south side of hte bridge, most if it is sand and dirt trails, but, there are tons of mud bogs out there, stuff people in 31s can easily get through all the way up to if you have 35s you'll be boating! its just a nice place to get away for a few hours. plus, the guy who owns the land does not mind us going back there, he is an elderly man who has been letting ppl go back and hang out back there for 40+ years, he just says dont let it get burnt down or dont do anything to get kicked off it!
Speaking of farmer's fields, one of my buddies in high school decided to drive down a "farm road, minimum maintenance" out by Tonganoxie, KS. When it says farm road, that means that it is county owned but maintained by the farmer (at least in LV county it is). After getting his 2 year old lifted Dodge Ram 4x4 on 35's buried in mud on said road, the farmer politely came down and offered to pull him out for $500. He declined... That night, his precious truck was destroyed with a shotgun. Insurance told him to suck it since he wasn't on an actual road. Lost his ars on that one.

Lesson learned, don't piss off farmers.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
I only have 31's on my 90 jeep. I'm just looking for someplace closer to take the kids out without having to do a major road trip.
I would recommend k53 in mulvane then. its a great place to take the family out to because of the fact its on the river, and it has 2 really big and very fun sandbar's to get out on and walk around and such. We've taken a few kids down there and they always have a blast out there.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM  

Kansas City, Ks
Those of you in Kansas City do you belong to any jeep group or clubs that get together?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 PM  

Great Bend, Kansas
I wish there were more places out west. I live in Great Bend and the local spot is to go wheel on the river, but you need huge tires and go with buddies because with the sand down there you will get stuck.

Gonna be moving up to Manhattan next fall for school, hope to take the Jeep with me so I can hit up Tuttle Creek. Is Tuttle a good place for a stock Jeep, '77 CJ7 w/AMC 360 and 30" BFG AT's? I have never been.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 AM  

mulvane, kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by amCJeep View Post
I wish there were more places out west. I live in Great Bend and the local spot is to go wheel on the river, but you need huge tires and go with buddies because with the sand down there you will get stuck.

Gonna be moving up to Manhattan next fall for school, hope to take the Jeep with me so I can hit up Tuttle Creek. Is Tuttle a good place for a stock Jeep, '77 CJ7 w/AMC 360 and 30" BFG AT's? I have never been.
Personally, i think you will be amazed at what you can do up there with a stock jeep. We were up there a few months ago and we didnt plan on going out there but we just had my step dads 1994 jeep grand cherokee zj, its got the biggest tire we could get under it without lifting (i think its a 29 but not sure) and we were amazed at what they had to offer up there for that. They have trails for every rig, we were able to do some steep rock and loose gravel hill climbs and some light mudding, and such, it was a lot of fun. it has bfg ATs on it too because its just a daily driver not an off roader, but in my opinion you will definately be pleased with what you can do up there.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 AM  

Kansas City, Kansas
By all means, take your jeep to college! I took my stock TJ to Tuttle a couple of times on 30" tires and had infinite places to go. You'll see a lot of rigs that are heavily modified but don't let that scare you away, there's something for everyone and you'll love it!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM  

Great Bend, Kansas
Sounds like a fun place... just got to get this engine swap done now... been 2 going on 3 months with no Jeep
Old 01-12-2011, 07:36 PM  

el dorado, kansas
ive been to kansas rocks once and it was awesome but when i went to go to tuttle creek it was all flooded out. 2 hour drive for nothing

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.