Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 PM  

Independence, Kansas
Would stay away from the area two or three blocks west (one or so blocks north) of the Wesley hospital was a gas station, went there little after midnight a few years back when I was in town to check in on my granadfather that was in the hospital. bought got mugged. If it hadn't been for the CC I had on my hip that could have been a bad deal.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM  

KC, MO
i grew up in wichita, lived there until i was 21. I still have most of my family there.

Its quite spread out for a smaller city, but the traffic isn't nearly (not even close!) as bad as a large city like Dallas or Detroit for example.

I wouldn't use the weather as a total deal breaker after all it is the midwest, stick around for a few minutes and the weather will change but i love a good thunderstorm or blizzard, your mileage may vary.

I do miss the baseball games at Lawrence Dumont stadium and the Wichita thunder hockey games.

Also geographically, its darn near the middle so trips to Colorado, Texas or east aren't that bad to drive.

If i could move back i would to be closer to family and lower cost of living, but for right now i'll have to settle for the 3hr drive from KC

Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM  

San Diego, CA
I used to be stationed at McConnell. Miss those days of Wichita.. the weather, the cold, the ice. haha.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM  

Wichita, Kansas
I've lived in NE Wichita for 9 years now. I grew up in a very small town and Wichita isn't a giant shock I must say. Everything is pretty even keel. I decided to stay in town after college and start a family.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!