Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 02:48 PM  

Topeka, KS
You know, I think some people need to get out and really see what they have at home. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, spent 6 years in the Army stationed at Washington, DC, worked for over 10 years in the tundra of central Wisconsin before being reassigned to Topeka two years ago. Even after being laid off, given all the other places I've been, this area is pretty daarn good! I think some people around here are just happier bitching about where they are! It could be worse, you could be somewhere REALLY freezing ! Like Minnesota...

GO BEARS!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 PM  

Galva, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
I've been here 15 yrs and the only good thing i've found is duck and deer hunting!
I've been here for 5 years and I've been dying to go duck hunting!!! Any tips on where to go or how to get started?

Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 PM  

I have not found any well maintained long hiking trails in Kansas. Spent a couple of days hiking around Perry lake near Topeka, more remote sections of the trail were poorly maintained, if at all. We often lost the trail in clearings with neck high grass. Ticks are thick in the summertime.

We like to boat on the lakes in the summertime, yes they are muddy. Kansas city has some great biking / jogging paths.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM  

Kansas City, Kansas
We could definitely use some more places to go wheeling... Thats for sure. I know, I know, KCRocks and Turtle Creek. Maybe someday....
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 AM  

Leavenworth, Kansas
2x on the BBC and hunting.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM  

Salina, Kansas
best pizza ever!

Scheme Pizza Restaurant & Bar | Salina, KS
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM  

Kansas city, Mo
The State line....
Old 02-06-2011, 08:47 AM  

Wichita, Kansas
The best thing is the people

The second best has to be the weather...as the saying goes if you don't like it wait a couple days it will change...
Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM  

Ellsworth, Kansas
Wilson Lake is usually clear enough for some enjoyable boating. If you can find a calm enough day when there aren't whitecaps and rough water.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 AM  

I love the hunting Kansas offers. I also enjoy the scenery of the Flint Hills.

There's also the rebuilding of Greensburg that looks awesome. Tons of new concepts going into that town.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads