Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2010, 08:36 AM  

danville, kentucky
here is my lastest toy.

i hadn't put the muzzle brake on it yet. it has a rifle basix trigger on it and is glassbedded into the choate stock. i have a weaver t36 scope mounted on it right now. i have shot it out to 600 yards and it will produce a 3 inch 5 shot group with factory rounds. hand loads might tighten it up more. the muzzle brake does take alot of the recoil out of it.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 AM  

danville, kentucky
here is my .308.

it also has a weaver t36 scope on it. i like the weaver t36 scopes for what i do. the trigger is a accu-trigger that i did some work on. it is down in the single oz's as well and there is no blade on the trigger anymore. i made a post on another site about two years ago about how to rework the accu-trigger and nobody listened to me. then a year ago one of the mods did the samething i had posted about and everybody jumped on the wagon. over there if your not a paying member they kinda poo-poo you.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM  

southeast, Ohio
I have a T36 on my Savage MkIIBTV rimfire. They're great scopes for the money IMO. I have been thinking about getting one for my Savage 12 LRPV ever since I bought the rifle. But to be honest I've had really good luck with the Simmons scope I have on it now. I put it on just as a temporary thing and I've been really happy with it. It's a 6-18X50 with AO and it gets me right on the money every time and it holds zero like a champion. Plus I read some posts about higher magnification scopes having problems with heat mirage when shooting with a hot barrel. I don't have any idea how much of that is true but I seem to end up buying more guns or more ammo instead of a scope. I do know it's hard to locate a target with a 36X scope even if it's a quarter of a mile away. For a varmint gun it does ok with a less powerful scope but I would like to use it for some target shooting and I know I could use a more powerful scope for that. I keep thinking I'll move the 36X I have over the LRPV to see how well it works but then I think about getting stuff zeroed again. It's a little tough trying to zero a scope when you want to shoot 600 yards IMO especially when you can't see where the bullets are hitting with your scope and I have a problem with that and a 36X scope. I figure I'll get a better scope someday for this rifle but I can shoot a pretty tight group at 200-300 yards with the one I have. I'm under 2" at 300 yards with this scope so it isn't doing too bad. I have this thing about not fixing something that isn't broke and I've been having good luck with this scope so I hate to mess with a good thing. I'm doing this with factory ammo too so I'm really pleased with my rifle.

Those are some sweet looking rifles you have there. I wouldn't mind putting either one in my gun rack. I might be able to match you at 600 yards if I ever got a chance to shoot that far. There just aren't places to shoot that far around my area unless I want to shoot along the river but that's where all the people live.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM  

danville, kentucky
on my rimfire match rifles i use night force scopes. here is the scope i have mounted on my hall actioned rimfire. Nightforce Benchrest Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 12-42x 56mm Adjustable Objective Illuminated NP-2DD Reticle Matte - MidwayUSA here is the rifle.

the stock is a don stith benchrest stock. it is birds eye maple with a strip of walnut down the center of it. the thing on the end of the barrel is a muzzle tuner.

here is the suhl. it has a different muzzle tuner on it and the scope is the old weaver t-36 that is now on the .308. there is a nightforce on this rifle now. the stock is again a don stith benchrest stock and is just fiddle back maple.

before i'm done i'll have nightforce scopes on each of my long range rifles. when you get into high powered scopes the mirrage does get really bad. that is what i like about these scopes. they go from 12x to 42x and i know a place to get a optical booster that will boost a scope 7x if i need more power!!!

i foregot to mention i have a 25 yard indoor range in my basement for rimfires and i also shoot and site in bows down there.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM  

Lexington, Kentucky
Well said, Survival will be about small communities. (tribes)
The countryside will be riddled with gangs of theives that never learned how to catch a fish, clean it then cook it.
Resouces are everywhere but only if you know where to look!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.