Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2010, 09:02 PM  

California
If anyone could answer that question correctly, I'd hire them as my personal financial consultant!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:06 PM  

danville, kentucky
i just buy in the dips. if you buy all at one price your ganna take a hit sooner or later. if you are like me and have it from when it was $4 a oz all the way up to todays prices your better off if your just trying to make money. i couldn't care less about amking money. i just want it in hand in case i need it. i figure the way i've always done it is pretty safe. i buy 4 oz's of silver out of every pay check and just sit it back. i buy maybe 8 oz's of gold a year. been doing so for over 20 years. if it goes back to $4 a oz(i don't ever see that happening, but if it did) i would still be making money on it if that was what i was out to do.

i have well over 1000 90% dimes as well. i just buy the dimes. no nickels,quarters,half dollars or dollars. just dimes to make change with if the barter systme ever happens.

trying to make profit on silver and gold isn't what i want to do. i just want a nice stock pile of it so my own reasons.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM  

Lexington, Kentucky
Do you prefer coin over bar or have you found that it matters at all? I want to begin doing this but havent invetigated and looked into it enough to feel comfortable buying the right thing. Also, do you buy from a local place (I'm in Central KY too) or via online broker?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM  

danville, kentucky
coins or they call them rounds myself. but silver is silver. the bars are just the same only not round. you can get silver eagles at the farmers bank. they are higher than if you go through a online dealer. here are some online dealers. http://www.silvertowne.com/default.asp http://www.apmex.com/

i have used each of these and they are pretty good to deal with.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM  

Lexington, Kentucky
King Ghidora is right on........ Not having funds to buy either is a bit of a problem though for most of us. Land as you said, will feed you, give you the ability to raise something to trade/barter with others, and is reasurance in the middle of the night. Provided you maintain the taxes........

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!