Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2011, 01:32 PM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Kentucky Lake

If any of you enjoy fishing, boating, or just hanging out with friends. You need to check out Kentucky lake. If you drive to western Kentucky (out near Paducah, Kentucky) you can head out there and rent a boat. The lake is massive and you could spend a few hours drifting slowly across the lake tossing your line out, or just laying back and watching the day blow by.

Great place to relax, and spend time with friends. Anyone else enjoy going out to Kentucky Lake?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Land Between the lakes (which is the park in between Kentucky lake and Lake Barkley) is a great place also. A group of friends and I go down there camping a few times a year. We find a spot on the shore of Kentucky lake, and enjoy the beauty of the place. We brought some sailboats the last two times we went also.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 AM  

Beautiful place, I live about 80 miles east and have been enjoying

the LBL all my life. They have a buffalo herd that you can drive

through also an elk herd to observe.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:04 PM  

I have a house that is lakefront on Kentucky Lake that has been in my family since 1960 and I grew up on that lake. It is surely spectaculiar. ..all kinds of outdoor recreation, with 2,000 miles of shoreline. It's an all season opportunity ( example: it's on the waterfowl migratory path from Canada to southern wintering grounds) Deer walk in our yard nearly every day, fox, groundhogs, raccoon, squirrel, possum - we hear owls most evenings, whip poor wills, and there are LIGHTENING BUGS too! (unfortunately I am selling it due to financial need)---Kentucky lake is a wonderful recreation spot.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!