Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 01:42 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Kentucky

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 AM  

Louisville, Kentucky
Well there are some very beautiful places here. I enjoy just driving though the state myself. But you could visit Daniel Boone National Forest, or Natural Bridge State Park. If you like water Land between the Lakes is a good park, and Kentucky Lake is huge (Lake Cumberland isn't half bad either).

If you like cars the Corvette Museum is in Bowling Green, exit 28 on I-65 I think. Heck with GM you never know they could be out of business and giving away corvettes from the factory when you get there, lol.

If you like boxing the Muhammed Ali center in Louisville is neat, in addition to the Frasier arms museum. If you were to come by in the first weekend in May you could go to the Kentucky Derby, which is a hell of an event. The whole festival is fun, and Thunder Over Louisville is my favorite part. The biggest fireworks event you may ever see. Its the largest annual fireworks show in North America. Its two weeks before derby, and has a fun airshow too.

Thats all I can think of for now, I am no tour guide. Others I am sure have more information on their respective areas.
Oh, if you do come through Louisville, Hot Brown's are absolutely delicious. The original is from the Brown Hotel downtown, but many restaurants serve them (they vary though).

Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM  

leitchfield, KY
There is also a coca-cola museum in Elizabethtown. There is also Mammoth cave national park. It is the longest cave system in the world. I actually have a small cave in my backyard that links up to mammoth cave which is about 30 miles away.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 AM  

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Also, this year we are having the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, not to mention The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville in May. There is also the Louisville Slugger Bat Factory and Museum which is really neat to walk through. 21C is a neat/weird restaurant/museum if you're into artistic type venues.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM  

Ashland, Kentucky
We have many beautiful horses and fast women. What more could you want?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM  

Lexington, Ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
It's not LA....jk

Fresh air, rolling countryside, and great places for camping and hiking in the daniel boone national forest. Theres even some good places to take your jeep if so inclined.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:35 PM  

lexington, ky
keeneland in spring and fall

lexington, ky
kentucky derby anyone?

lexington, ky
how about hot browns?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:36 PM  

lexington, ky
or bourbon tastings?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!