Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 10:30 AM  

Huntington, WV
Some info would be great

hey guys just wanted to get some info on the offroad park near harlan. I believe its called black mountian. just wanted to know if anyone has been there and what they took ATV/buggy/truck/jeep and how they liked in. also what where some of the runs you would recomend. thanks guys.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM  
Beast Mode

Independence, Kentucky
been there once. took a jeep, went with a few guys in street trucks.

great place, have something for everyone from a stock truck to built rock crawlers.

what are you taking? quads, jeeps, trucks?

Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 PM  

Elizabethtown, Ky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprad42183 View Post
hey guys just wanted to get some info on the offroad park near harlan. I believe its called black mountian. just wanted to know if anyone has been there and what they took ATV/buggy/truck/jeep and how they liked in. also what where some of the runs you would recomend. thanks guys.

Here ya go.

Harlan County, Kentucky - Official Web Site - Welcome!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM  

Somerset, Kentucky
Looks pretty cool but what's it really like? I usually go to either S-Tree or Turkey Foot in Jackson co. or Oil Center north of Somerset.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM  
Beast Mode

Independence, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasMetzger View Post
Looks pretty cool but what's it really like? I usually go to either S-Tree or Turkey Foot in Jackson co. or Oil Center north of Somerset.
never been to those places in particual, but do wheel in that area alot in Owlsley and clay counties. terrain is similar. clay type dirt/mud with rocks here and there.

i thought it was an awesome place to go, and iwill be back next year i hope
Old 10-05-2010, 01:00 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
I've been there three times now, in my nearly stock TJ jeep and it ROCKS (no pun intended).
I've got a video or two here--> YouTube - GeneralTJWillys's Channel .
What's it REALLY like? It's really like a LOT of fun for anything you have. ATV, Jeep, Pickup, Dirtbike/Enduro, and even the new crop of larger 4 place ATV's. There is everything from mild to wild there and the scenery at the tops of the mountains is breathtaking!! Go in the fall for the best pics!!
Speaking of pics.
Picasa Web Albums - Tracy - Harlan Fall C...

I'm going to try to get some more video posted later. I'll add the link when it's ready.

HAPPY WHEELIN'!

PS...my avatar pic was taken there.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 PM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Ok, here's one of several we took at Black Mountain. This is a video of myself having a disagreement with the Lower Rock Garden, where, halfway through, you can hear the hissing of my driver's rear tire deflating due to the stem being ripped off.

Of course, my wife was concerned about getting home and paid little attention to camera position at times. LOL (ok, she knew we'd get home, but was still concerned about the noise and possible carnage)

Picasa Web Albums - Tracy - Harlan Fall C...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM  

Morehead, KY
You can also check out Big Rock offroad park in Maysville. It's a tad out of your way but its a fun park to visit
Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 AM  
Endeavor to Perservere

Greenville, Kentucky
If you ever get the chance try Turkey Bay OHV park Land Between the lakes. Its a Beautiful area.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:34 PM  

Kentucky
I would love to get there sometime real soon, Turkey Bay is suppose to be awesome too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kentucky
Bookmark this Page!