Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM  

Millbrook, AL
How's the area?

Going to be moving to the Knoxville area in the next 2 to 3 months. Looking into living somewhere between Knoxville and Morristown. Any specific towns we should look at in regards to good or bad areas? Crime rates high or low? Stuff like that.

I grew up on the NC side of the mountains so this is like moving back home for me. Been gone from the mountains for 25 years. The flat lands and heat of south central AL have become too much for me over the years.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:20 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Look to the north of Bull's Gap, between there and Rogersville. ++++

Or Danridge, or Parrottsville. All nice areas.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM  

Millbrook, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV2 View Post
Look to the north of Bull's Gap, between there and Rogersville. ++++

Or Danridge, or Parrottsville. All nice areas.
We're going to be looking in the Dandridge area, along with Morristown, New Market, White Pine, and Jefferson City areas.
Rogersville looks to be too far north. Morristown is as far from Knoxville as I'm willing to go for job reasons. I'll be servicing customers from just into VA all the way over to Crossville, with most of them in Knoxville itself. Jefferson City and Morristown are right smack in the middle of my service area and would be ideal.

Thanks for the input though.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 AM  

Knoxville, Tennessee
I live inside the Knoxville city limits, and I have to say I love it. The west side is busier, and the east side still has some country areas. I would look right in town. There's lots to do, and its only getting better.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM  

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSquash View Post
I live inside the Knoxville city limits, and I have to say I love it. The west side is busier, and the east side still has some country areas. I would look right in town. There's lots to do, and its only getting better.
I've been in Knoxville for the better part of 8 years now, and the improvement in the city is outstanding. Local arts, music, food, mountains, etc.... What more do you need?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM  

Knoxville, TN
Knoxville, Knoxville, Knoxville!

I've lived in Knoxville for the last ten years; Fort Sanders, out west (near Cedar Bluff), and now Old North Knoxville (about a mile or so from downtown). I would definitely recommend being within a short drive of the downtown area. There's quite a bit to get into (resturants, stores, seasonal events, etc,) and free parking on nights and weekends is great!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:37 PM  

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejohn View Post
I've lived in Knoxville for the last ten years; Fort Sanders, out west (near Cedar Bluff), and now Old North Knoxville (about a mile or so from downtown). I would definitely recommend being within a short drive of the downtown area. There's quite a bit to get into (resturants, stores, seasonal events, etc,) and free parking on nights and weekends is great!
I agree, been here for three years now and can't see myself move out to far from downtown
Old 11-29-2010, 05:13 AM  

Maryville, TN
Maryville is a nice town. about 15 min from downtown knoxville and 30 min from Severville. Nice country living here in blount county. Go Big orange!!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 PM  

Downtown is fine if you want to be in the city, but don't overlook New Market if you want to be out in the country but still be close to town and all that it offers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.