Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 AM  

Millbrook, AL
Renting in or east of Knoxville

We've got about 6 - 8 weeks before we're moving to the area. We're looking in the Morristown area, but really anywhere between Morristown and Knoxville will do for now. We've checked online sources but can't find anything that we will be able to afford for more than a few months. So, we're asking for help in finding a place to rent that we can afford. Maybe someone at your church has a rental home they could rent for cheap for a short time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We are a married couple with 3 small children ages 8 and 4 year old twins. No pets at this time. Unless we get a buyer for our current house in Alabama, we will have this mortgage payment, plus our monthly rent payment. We have enough saved up to pay our mortgage payment for about 4 to 6 months, depending on how much it costs us to actually make the move. So, as long as our AL house sells in that time frame, we'll be able to make it.
What we're really looking for is a gift from God. A small house that we can fit our family into comfortably enough with the rent being under $500/month. I realize that a lot of you will read that and say "Are you smoking something? $500/month is unrealistic!" Well, you're right, it is unrealistic, but it is what we're going to need if we can't sell our current house before we move.
I believe that God is all powerful and can lead us to the right home to rent. He can also provide us with a buyer for our house. However He wants to get my family through this tough transition is fine by me.
Anyway, I just thought I'd put this out there and see if there might be anyone that could help us that's on this forum.
God bless and thanks for any help all of you ....... Knoxvillians?... might provide.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM  

Morristown, Tennessee
Might rent a double wide in the Morristown/Russelville area...they go for about $400 a month.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 AM  

Vincennes, IN
ah im glad ive looked at tennessee, me and the wife might be moving down towards the end of this year
Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 PM  

Millbrook, AL
Found a great little house in New Market for $625. We've been here for exactly a week and have already seen a little snow flurry. The kids LOVED it. Glad to be here and can't wait to learn the area a little bit.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 PM  

Mt. Juliet, TN
Glad to hear you are enjoying TN. Lived here most of my life and I love it.

Don't get used to the snow. The amount we have had this winter is way above normal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
Bookmark this Page!