Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 PM  

Has anyone attempted to utilize Google Earth and zooming in to see it it is identifiable?

Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM  

@Heffa, also, these pictures were taken farther south than the the 215. This is near Durango and Pebble, so from this perspective it looks like the top of the mountain (because from this angle, you can't see the taller mountains behind it).

When I saw this last year, I was inside the Caesars Entertainment building on the third floor. From that perspective, it looks like it's IN (instead of on top of) the mountain, because from there, you can see the taller mountains behind it. Likewise, if you're traveling west on the 215, you'll see the taller mountains in the background, and this bright object would appear to be in the middle of the mountains.

I thought about this when I was driving home from work on the 215, looking at the same spot where the object was in the pic I posted, but viewing that spot from a location further north, i.e., the 215.

I took @Havasu's advice and looked on Google maps and see what looks like vehicles up there, so it's probably a mining operation taking place.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:18 AM  

Vegas, NV
I checked out Google maps at the time and found nothing. I dug into it just now and found this on Google maps, search this on maps +36? 4' 43.83", -115? 22' 59.80" (36.078842, -115.383278) Looks like 4 solar panels? Could that be an antenna on the small pad between the second and third tan box-building? Is this the Metro repeater?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.