Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 12:10 AM  

Salt Lake City, Utah
I lived there for years and liked to go out there and romp around in my 97 wrangler.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
If you happen to go any where near area 51 obey the signs. Stop and turn back. The security there can be real jerks.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:14 AM  

Salt Lake City, Utah
I believe area 51 is quite a way from Apex!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:13 AM  
Gasman

N. Las Vegas, Nevada
if your looking to do some mild trail wheeling then i would suggest this Nevada Backroaders they are a great group and you'll see a lot of So. Nevada. really helpful too. they also do some harder stuff too but most of their club runs are geared towards stock 4x4's of all kinds..

if you are into harder stuff here's another club in Las Vegas
Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers
Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM  
FNG

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner View Post
if your looking to do some mild trail wheeling then i would suggest this Nevada Backroaders they are a great group and you'll see a lot of So. Nevada. really helpful too. they also do some harder stuff too but most of their club runs are geared towards stock 4x4's of all kinds..

if you are into harder stuff here's another club in Las Vegas
Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers
+1 on the Nevada Backroaders group. Nice folks! Very easy scenic trail rides. Educational too...those guys are a wealth of knowledge!

Join our Meetup.com group: Las Vegas Off Road (Henderson, NV) - Meetup

Lots of trips posted on there, ranging from casual runs to serious rock crawling. Almost all trips have bypasses to the hard obstacles, or will be noted otherwise.

If anyone has a JK (2007+ Wrangler), join JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board for posted runs in the Silver State section. JKOwners.com - The community for Jeep JK Owners is also a good site.

See you on the trail!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:06 PM  
FNG

Las Vegas, Nevada
Some other notable trails to try:

Angel Peak: Mt. Charleston. Can access from Kyle Canyon Rd (157) or from the 15 betwen the 157 and 156. Comes out on top where the Doppler weather station is. Careful you don't get stuck in the Juvie camp...security will give you a hard time.

Electric Avenue (Aztec Wash): Access from S. 95 - Grandpa's Rd. Follow the power lines over the ridge. Comes out in the wash. Can run the wash road back up to Nelson and air up there.

Burrow Wash: Access from the Southern most point in Boulder City (Buchanon Blvd.) Follow road from the power substation towards the river. Comes out near Monkey Hole.

Macks Canyon: Access forest road 073 from Lee Canyon Rd. (156) on Mt. Charleston. a nice in/out trip down into the canyon. Can continue hiking/biking from the bottom. Easy, scenic, short trail.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 PM  

las vegas, nevada
Currently stationed at nellis afb, drive a 2000 jeep tj, only one rockin ironrockoffroad.com stickers on my rear windows. If anyone needs a wheelin partner hit me up round here or at jeepforum.com with the same name.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:34 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASSMAN View Post
+1 on the Nevada Backroaders group. Nice folks! Very easy scenic trail rides. Educational too...those guys are a wealth of knowledge!

Join our Meetup.com group: Las Vegas Off Road (Henderson, NV) - Meetup

Lots of trips posted on there, ranging from casual runs to serious rock crawling. Almost all trips have bypasses to the hard obstacles, or will be noted otherwise.

If anyone has a JK (2007+ Wrangler), join JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board for posted runs in the Silver State section. JKOwners.com - The community for Jeep JK Owners is also a good site.

See you on the trail!
Thanks for the info...looking forward to wheelin' out here. Just bought a 2010 and i need to get it dirty
Old 10-27-2010, 02:33 PM  
FNG

Las Vegas, Nevada
Anyone going to Hump N Bump in 2 weeks? I just registered!
Should be good fun!

Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers: Hump n Bump
Old 10-28-2010, 02:13 AM  

Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASSMAN View Post
Burrow Wash: Access from the Southern most point in Boulder City (Buchanon Blvd.) Follow road from the power substation towards the river. Comes out near Monkey Hole.
How many miles is this? I know where the starting point is but not the ending.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads